Supra Forums banner
6361 - 6380 of 6385 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Replaced the coolant drain cap behind the exhaust manifold...

Thankfully I was less than a mile from work when the steam show happened. The street wasn't too busy and there were already barrels blocking a lane for me.

It was pretty easy to see where it was coming from so I took my first meeting on my airpods from the side of the road before limping it up to work. Turn it on, get up to 40, coast as far as possible. Did that 3 times and I was there.

One of my desktop techs was kind enough to run me over to OReilly for a 3/4" cap and yet another jug of coolant. After we got back to the office it was all back together in a few minutes and now I just have to go through a few days of checking the coolant constantly while it burps. Again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Replaced the coolant drain cap behind the exhaust manifold...

Thankfully I was less than a mile from work when the steam show happened. The street wasn't too busy and there were already barrels blocking a lane for me.

It was pretty easy to see where it was coming from so I took my first meeting on my airpods from the side of the road before limping it up to work. Turn it on, get up to 40, coast as far as possible. Did that 3 times and I was there.

One of my desktop techs was kind enough to run me over to OReilly for a 3/4" cap and yet another jug of coolant. After we got back to the office it was all back together in a few minutes and now I just have to go through a few days of checking the coolant constantly while it burps. Again.

That cap seems so dumb... If I ever pull my engine I'm going to braze it shut permanently.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Today I changed out my headlights out. the passenger light is dim cant figure out why, I cleaned the connecters with the connecter cleaner. That didn't solve my issue. I changed the air filter. i also found a little hose that was disconnected coming off of the air intake , I fixed that too. I also changed out the fogs for some yellow ones and replaced a burned out taillight. That's my Saturday getting ready for import alliance next weekend.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
1986.5 black/tan N/A auto
33 Posts
Flocked my center console and alcantara covered the arm rest. Still sanding on the dash. Actually starting to look good. Hopeful I will be able to cover it tomorrow.
hell yea! ive wanted to do this but my dash is uncracked and it would be a waste of an uncracked tan dash if i did it

·
Registered
111 Posts
So thats what it looks like. I've seen one on youtube but you couldnt really see it, see it I wish mine was in better shape I would have just left it alone.

·
Registered
1986.5 black/tan N/A auto
33 Posts
So thats what it looks like. I've seen one on youtube but you couldnt really see it, see it I wish mine was in better shape I would have just left it alone.
theyre truly beautiful dashes yours will look just as good when its all flocked

·
Registered
159 Posts
Replaced the corroded old oil pressure sensor today, which was a very satisfying task to complete. Gauge is working, and possibly is reading higher at idle than before? I should have made notes or taken pics of the gauge beforehand. Anyway, on a non-turbo 7M, this job can be done from the top end with the intake stuff removed. It would also help to remove the oil filter, which I tried, but my tools on hand were not sufficient. I used a combo of a regular 14mm wrench and a crowfoot head + extension + ratchet to break the old one loose. I was very concerned about the thing shearing off, but I pre-soaked it with plenty of PB Blaster first, and worked it back and forth before trying to turn it all the way loose. Started with plenty of sunlight and finished with a flashlight.

Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior Tints and shades Metal

Font Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

Gas Metal Road surface Concrete Auto part

6361 - 6380 of 6385 Posts