Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 4669 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
opened the door to go for a ride , seen how clean it was then decided it was to clean to get dirty and dont want to reclean it so.... went back in the house:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
My original speakers sounded like the surrounds were non-existent, and after almost 17 years I'm sure they are dust (she was just 17? hmmm). So I just got four MB Quart 6-1/2" and MB Quart tweeters with their nice crossovers, plus the 4X150 MB Quart amp, and a double-din Pioneer head unit with touch-screen, builit-in bluetooth for my phone and built-in ipod music connection etc. It's all installed as of yesterday along with some strategically installed Dynamat stuff but I haven't heard it yet, hoping to pick it up this weekend if Irene says it's OK to get there without a boat. To quote Rick who installed it all for me: "...dizzying initial impression...nothing short of fucking incredible, so crystal clear and powerful it made me a little emotional..."

Of course while we were at it, upon further investigation of a slight new noise I heard under the hood it turns out I also need a new serpentine belt tensioner so I just ordered one from Curt and will have that tomorrow < thanks again, Curt, for exemplary service.

I also just had twin velocity stack intakes fabricated last week so I can alternate them with the HKS intake filters I originally put on my twin setup. The original attempt with the stacks didn't have adequate hood clearance so Rick rearranged them. Now I'm even more anxious to get the car back so I can turn off the new stereo setup and really hear the effect of the intakes. The stacks allow the turbo sounds to come through much more dramatically so when it spools now it sounds like an angry A-10 Warthog.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Here are the calipers. I did a small amount of sanding. Not trying to win shows with this car, but just want it to look clean. Going to order the stickers next. :)

Today, i was messing around with some Titanium anodizing for my next set of goodies. Which should be ready this coming week! :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Here are the calipers. I did a small amount of sanding. Not trying to win shows with this car, but just want it to look clean. Going to order the stickers next. :)
Nice job Nick, they look pretty good. My car's at Auto Explosion getting painted so i haven't had much time doing anything lately, but i got all the weather stripping/moulding replacements today from Curt!

·
Why an Auto??
361 Posts

Today, i was messing around with some Titanium anodizing for my next set of goodies. Which should be ready this coming week! :cool:

I need to paint my calipers. Although I already have the stickers :) Looks good Nick! But I sure do miss my mk3

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Got my Ridox front bumper custom cut to fit with my nice new 3 row intercooler because I finally did a gte motor swap with a 67 billet wheel! Now I just need my Afc installed to start boosting!

·
Raising the BAR
3,324 Posts
I went out this morning (8am) , looked at the supra, looked at the thermostat (105) and thought to myself "why don't I have enough money to replace every component of the AC system to new so the AC would be colder?" then I went inside the house and applied for a second job online.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Great post, rocketman!

I got my new NGK AFX WBO2 and custom ultra-hi-flow RT cat with bung in the mail today, hope to install both this weekend.

Marked another day of waiting for my new wheels off the calendar; beginning month 5 since deposit paid.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great post, rocketman!

I got my new NGK AFX WBO2 and custom ultra-hi-flow RT cat with bung in the mail today, hope to install both this weekend.

Marked another day of waiting for my new wheels off the calendar; beginning month 5 since deposit paid.

What wheels will you be getting?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yes, live in Houston. Any good hang outs where Supra's are?
Well, there is a car event on the 1st Sat of every month in the Vintage parking lot located at HWY 249 and Louetta rd. Haven't made it out there yet but plan to after I get my car out of the shop. You can find more info in the south section forums. Hopefully I'll see you out there there soon.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What wheels will you be getting?
The wheels in my sig-pic are 19" SSR SP1s. The ride suffers from too little rubber for my tastes, so I've ordered the exact same wheel in 18". Hoping they show up black this time on order #2.

21 - 40 of 4669 Posts