Supra Forums banner

4581 - 4600 of 4637 Posts

·
97-6speed-TT
689 Posts
Finalized the shipping(being picked up tomorrow) of my 95 SE from my house in North Carolina to Drag International in Davie, Florida to get a full TT V160 220mm LSD drivetrain swap as well as TT brakes, downpipe, midpipe, HKS Super Drager, and Greddy FMIC and BCC.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
bitshftr, looking good. Maybe a set of spacers front and rear might help to further highlight those lovely OEM wheels. Chip (lagtime) has demonstrated how good the stockers look when tucked less.
Interesting. How much of a spacer? Does Chip/lagtime have a thread with info and pictures?

^^^ agreed
Thanks!

Nice Wheels!
You know it Adam! And all 4 of them (long story...will be told later). They made it to a good home. I'll take good care of them.

Closeup of the perfection (this particular wheel likes to go and go and GO...long story...will be told later):

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
Interesting. How much of a spacer? Does Chip/lagtime have a thread with info and pictures?
IIRC, Chip actually had fronts widened to 10" and moved them to the back, while moving the rear 9.5" wheels to the front. He had the wheels finished in OEM style chrome.

Pictures here: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?642821-Condition-trumps-mileage-believe-it!

I think he might be able to help with the effective offsets if you were to reach out to him. One of the community stalwarts and a great guy.

·
97-6speed-TT
689 Posts
This was done yesterday, just forgot to post it last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
1) StopTech Brake kit - four cross drilled only rotors, stoptech sport pads, stoptech stainless brake lines

2) WORK S1 3piece wheels.
18x10 fronts with 265 R888Rs
18x11,5 rears with 315 R888Rs

3) Rear Wiper Delete with billet plug

4) Stock Antenna delete with billet plug

All done in the last two weeks!

Attachments

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
790 Posts
1) StopTech Brake kit - four cross drilled only rotors, stoptech sport pads, stoptech stainless brake lines

#keepitbpu You’ll thank me some day lol! For real, nice man!

Same to your bitshftr, looking great!

·
Registered
101 Posts

#keepitbpu You’ll thank me some day lol! For real, nice man!

Same to your bitshftr, looking great!
Yea, it’s hard to get away from BPU, car feels amazing and drives just like stock zipping around town at 17psi.

Bitshftr?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Today the transportation company dropped off my new to me stock Supra Turbo. I brought it to the touch-less car wash, fill up the gas tank, and drove it around. :)

·
Registered
9,567 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
Yea, it’s hard to get away from BPU, car feels amazing and drives just like stock zipping around town at 17psi.

Bitshftr?
#keepitbpu Agreed. I love my BPU+. Can't use more than 16psi around town anyway. At the road course though, 19psi is really fun!

Nice wheels Armo...just like my SSR SP1 Professors, but with more bolts showing.

·
Administrator
8,187 Posts
Installed new plugs, cap, rotor, set timing and cleaned up the non turbo. Also just installed new tires. Car is a pleasure to drive, cold ac, quiet, man I'm getting old.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Took my Supra on it's last major trip before it goes under the knife. Perhaps by July or so the car will undergo major upgrades or changes. New Seats (sparco Milano Prestige), new Dashboard, new gauges (Stu), New Transmission (V160), new Engine, new wheels (HRE).

So why not take the car up to Palo Alto and back down for my girlfriends graduation? What's the worst that could happen? Well the 25 year old hose gave out and I sprayed coolant all over the engine bay. Was fortunate that I keep an eye on my temps at all times (Been through 2 OEM radiators before I finally decided to upgrade to a better aftermarket radiator) Out in bumfuck no where Bakersfield. Huge shout out and thanks to Patrick and the Supra community who helped me out during a very dire situation at 7PM to fix the car in 38 mins and get back on the road. Only bad thing that happened appears to be I am perhaps misfiring at lower RPMs (Old Spark Plugs).

But made it back yesterday and the car is on piece and is ready to get all of her major upgrades. Gorgeous views, gorgeous drive, as a kid from Ohio glad to be in California.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh and Nasty Culprit, again shoutout to Patrick and Dan and in the general the Supra Community whose always eager to help out fellow Supra Owners at dire times. :biggrin:

hose.jpg

·
97-6speed-TT
689 Posts
Flying to Florida to pick it up and drive home tomorrow! Excited to have a BPU setup to drive again. I miss those days

Attachments

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
Installed sets of Diamond Audio SX65V 6.5" components in the front doors and the back panels, and then mounted a small Soundstream Stealth amp in the trunk to power the components and ran the wiring to the head unit and battery. Pulling the entire interior apart is a lot easier at the start of the day than putting it back together at the end of the day. Audio is significantly improved with minimal weight penalty (amp was <5lbs).

Still need to figure out a small subwoofer approach and a smart rearview mirror setup.

I enjoying breathing small and subtle updates where possible (Stu gauges and HVAC, HID retrofit, JDM folding mirrors, better audio without penalties/gaudiness, 98 style wheel, backup camera, etc). Adding a smart mirror with 'Mirror Link' capability and auto dimming would be a nice update without changing the feel of the car.

4581 - 4600 of 4637 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
880 Participants
Suprafied
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing