Supra Forums banner

4601 - 4620 of 4637 Posts

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
Flying to Florida to pick it up and drive home tomorrow! Excited to have a BPU setup to drive again. I miss those days
Congrats. Where are the updated photos?!?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Changed the oil in Anna's silver car. While it was on the lift I checked the car over pretty good. It has good fuel in it so hit the boost after it was warmed back up and need to figure why it is not hitting full boost before we hit the track to try some new setups. It never ends, but that is fine. LOL

Costas
cars and such...

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
Damn near drove the tires off the car at the track! Time for new R888Rs and an alignment adjustment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finally got her tuned on a new ECU (Haltech Elite 2000) and brought her home, now making approximately 550whp on 94 octane, no meth. In the process of diagnosing a misfiring injector and fixing some minor things. After that I'm prepping to remove the terrible widebody that it came with to go back to stock fenders. New quarters / tubs or repair what's there? Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I rarely drink while driving my car but have always wanted a cup holder just to say I do have one. I’ve been looking for one but none seem to really compliment the clean interior of the Supra. Designing one would be too expensive so I decided to do what Toyota did with the MKV, source one from BMW parts bin.

This cup holder came as an accessory for BMW Z4s. I chose it for its simplistic yet high quality design but mainly because it’s removable. The installation was time consuming due to the countless measuring and precise cutting of the console to ensure a perfect placement. Overall, I am happy with this BMW built cup holder. Only time will tell if it’s reliable in holding up all of my Green Tea Frappuccinos…

·
Registered
973 Posts
did you seriously cut up your 12k mile mkiv interior to install a bmw cup holder? is this real life?

·
iSPOOL
791 Posts
Nothing major but installed the front lip on my lady's Supra. Ordered new side marker lights and we plan on getting the front bumper repainted as well.
Next will be wheels & tires, Apexi N1 Exhaust, 1998 style headlights and side skirt extensions.

·
10,115 Posts
Finally got my PHR E85 fuel system installed in Eau Rouge by SP Engineering. Wow is all I can say! Couldn't finish high boost tuning because the SPE Dynojet is broken ($14,000 to fix) and its Mustang dyno is also acting cranky, I guess from all those 1700+ whp GTR runs :).

Anyway, the car made 730 wheel on the first boost setting on the Mustang after it was a no go on the Dynojet and the Mustang started acting up. I must be getting old because, right now, the car seems about perfect to me as is. Reduced spool and mid-range are just plain awesome and, since I started this when we finally began to get E85 in my area, new stations have popped up, with the nearest one being only 3.5 miles from my house. I may wring her out just a bit more for half-mile racing, but she's damn near perfect as is.

Ken.

·
handy with the steel
331 Posts
Ken, what turbo / boost are you running on Eau Rouge? Stock bottom end?

·
10,115 Posts
Ken, what turbo / boost are you running on Eau Rouge? Stock bottom end?
Precision DBB CEA 6766H with a 1.0 A/R. Don't know what the boost was, but will be getting that info and dyno sheet from SPE shortly. I do know that, because of the dyno issues, the boost level was the same as it was when all I had was a 91-octane tune (619 whp). I never found out my 91-octane boost level because my E85 tune was always "just around the corner". It just took a lot longer than we anticipated because of slow parts.

It's a built motor: Carillo, CP, Titan Stage 1+ head, HKS 264s, Ferrea valvetrain, etc....

Ken.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tried to relocate the passenger engine bay harness under the fender just to find out the ABS/AC connectors don't reach....:rolleyes:

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
Finally got my PHR E85 fuel system installed in Eau Rouge by SP Engineering. Wow is all I can say! Couldn't finish high boost tuning because the SPE Dynojet is broken ($14,000 to fix) and its Mustang dyno is also acting cranky, I guess from all those 1700+ whp GTR runs :).

Anyway, the car made 730 wheel on the first boost setting on the Mustang after it was a no go on the Dynojet and the Mustang started acting up. I must be getting old because, right now, the car seems about perfect to me as is. Reduced spool and mid-range are just plain awesome and, since I started this when we finally began to get E85 in my area, new stations have popped up, with the nearest one being only 3.5 miles from my house. I may wring her out just a bit more for half-mile racing, but she's damn near perfect as is.

Ken.
Ken, glad to see you have a tenable E85 path. What pumps did you go with, a late model Walbro setup with secondary pump(s) triggered?

I've found that driving the car on E85 really ups my enjoyment as the powerband shifts left. Are you stock compression or did you bump it up when the motor was built?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
4601 - 4620 of 4637 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
880 Participants
Suprafied
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing