Supra Forums banner

4621 - 4637 of 4637 Posts

·
10,115 Posts
Ken, glad to see you have a tenable E85 path. What pumps did you go with, a late model Walbro setup with secondary pump(s) triggered?

I've found that driving the car on E85 really ups my enjoyment as the powerband shifts left. Are you stock compression or did you bump it up when the motor was built?
Hey, old friend,

I went with the triple pump harness but just two Walbro 485s at the moment. Yes, my Syvecs EMS triggers the second pump when more fuel is needed. I don't know the limits of my ID 1340 cc injectors but, if I reach for any more power, I will likely stop at 800 wheel even if the turbo may have more to give. I would get the third pump and larger injectors if I was to really go big, but that's not likely. I drive Eau Rouge the most out of my cars and, in my old age :), I don't feel the need to go all out on this car like I might have in the past.

I have 9.0:1 pistons. At the time the motor was built, I didn't think I'd ever have access to E85 at the pump. Still, I'm okay with that decision. Car is tractable and drives really well, so I'm good. I'm 220-miles from Vegas. From what you know, do you think I can get there on one tank of E85? With gas, it only takes me SLIGHTLY less than 3/4 of a tank.

Ken.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
Rebuilt and repowdercoated my calipers and added a fresh chrome Supra decal:

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
Bench-bled my master cylinder since all the fluid ran out when I removed my calipers for rebuild, and replaced the reservoir with a new '98-style since my stock traction control is deleted. I don't know why I was dreading this procedure so much...it was easy and quick. Here's my "bench" vise attached to my 4Runner, right before running the tubes from the outlets back into the top:

·
Inline for the win
4,677 Posts
Precision DBB CEA 6766H with a 1.0 A/R. Don't know what the boost was, but will be getting that info and dyno sheet from SPE shortly. I do know that, because of the dyno issues, the boost level was the same as it was when all I had was a 91-octane tune (619 whp). I never found out my 91-octane boost level because my E85 tune was always "just around the corner". It just took a lot longer than we anticipated because of slow parts.

It's a built motor: Carillo, CP, Titan Stage 1+ head, HKS 264s, Ferrea valvetrain, etc....

Ken.
Ken,

Ironically, I drive my car around at 25psi on E85 all the time vs on full kill of my 6766 due to the same excitement. I've tossed the idea of stepping up to a 7275 or 7675 to push it into the 4-digit RWHP mark but the reliability since '14 has me questioning touch such a good thing.

As you know, its exciting enough to scare you (until traction control sets in) but docile enough on day-to-day driving, if one had to for some reason.

Like Mike said above, Ethanol just makes it more entertaining along with reduced exhaust smell from non-catted DP/MP setups. My only thing left to do is fine tune the transient fueling to get it as close to OEM as possible on my fire hose sized injectors... (ID1700s).

DP

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just started a full subframe rebuild. Engine, trans, fueltank out. Complete undercoat and replace all the bushings with Superpro. Powdercoat and galvanize every single piece of metal I can get my hands on. Will be installing KW V3 when I find them at a good price as well. Should ride as new when finished.

Casper

Attachments

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,127 Posts
^^ Great looking seats!!

My 8.50 cert cage (with some extras) is almost done. Went to fab shop today to check it out and it's top notch. I'll wait til I get it back next week to post pics but had the opportunity to pull heater core and clean up some wiring while the car has been down so it'll be ready for SIV 2019 and Shift Sector and everything else now. Really glad I finally pulled the trigger on a proper cage. It was really the only thing keeping me from racing it like I've wanted. The car is making plenty of power and I was just worried in case of some kind of error I would need to be properly protected before really letting the car do what I built it to do.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
642 Posts
Did we go the same route on mounting spacers? Or did you sort another way to go?
Hi Michael,
I went a similar route with spacers...essentially 1/2" height spacers all the way around and 30mm M8 bolts with Bride Ro mounts. Fit perfectly and not too high. Love the quality and fit of these seats.

·
10,115 Posts
Darshana,

The seats look fantastic. Very well done, my friend.

Ken.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,445 Posts
Hi Michael,
I went a similar route with spacers...essentially 1/2" height spacers all the way around and 30mm M8 bolts with Bride Ro mounts. Fit perfectly and not too high. Love the quality and fit of these seats.
I'm glad you are happy. They look great. I also love them, and the low rise leg bolsters are exactly what I had hoped for when ordering the seats. Did you come from another aftermarket seat or the stock seats?

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
642 Posts
I'm glad you are happy. They look great. I also love them, and the low rise leg bolsters are exactly what I had hoped for when ordering the seats. Did you come from another aftermarket seat or the stock seats?
I had Recaro SRD's (same as the JDM Recaro's that were offered in MKIV's in Japan) for several years. The leg bolsters were much higher in the SRD's and held you in the seat nice and snug. But as I got older, I wanted some seats that were just easier to get in and out of, the Sportster Cross fit that bill perfectly. I had the stock seats before the SRD's but I always felt the stock seats didn't provide the support I was looking for. The Recaro Sportsters provide the upper torso support I liked but also the ease of getting in and out similar to the stock seats.

·
Inline for the win
4,677 Posts
I had Recaro SRD's (same as the JDM Recaro's that were offered in MKIV's in Japan) for several years. The leg bolsters were much higher in the SRD's and held you in the seat nice and snug. But as I got older, I wanted some seats that were just easier to get in and out of, the Sportster Cross fit that bill perfectly. I had the stock seats before the SRD's but I always felt the stock seats didn't provide the support I was looking for. The Recaro Sportsters provide the upper torso support I liked but also the ease of getting in and out similar to the stock seats.

Darshana,

I have the same setup (Bride + Recaro Sportster) in my car except I altered the bottoms to sit flush on the bride rails vs. using spacers. I am also in the midst of making the latest Titan rails work as they are drilled for Sparco seat spacing and not Recaro Sportster. Stay tuned...

DP

4621 - 4637 of 4637 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
880 Participants
Suprafied
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing