Supra Forums banner

4641 - 4652 of 4652 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,164 Posts
Bought a full set of black carpeted floor mats, brand new in plastic from another member for $40. Oh wait, sorry, that was for my 4Runner. Those guys have no idea what floor mats are worth.

·
Super Moderator
10,182 Posts
Not today, but last weekend, I put 609 miles on my hard top, driving to SIV, participating in the Scenic Drive and driving back home. Nothing better.

Ken.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,164 Posts
Rebuilt my brake master cylinder, which had starting leaking from the rear (where the MC meets the booster) during track sessions. Then bench-bled the MC (again) and bled the entire system (all 4 calipers).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow. Very nice. If you do not mind, how much was the total and spec, did you roll the fenders?

Thank you!

I can't really remember the exact total but I would budget around $4k for a setup like this. I still need the ARP extended studs for the rear as well to complete the setup. I rolled the rears and had to trim the black plastic finisher at the rear of the arch on both sides. As for the fronts that required a bit of pulling to fit 245/40r18's but I went with the Toyo Proxes R1R's which have a wider footprint than most 245's from what I found. Overall, worth the expense to actually start seeing traction in 2nd.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,164 Posts

70 in a 55 on the way home from VIR (Virginia International Raceway), but just got this "warning" instead of a ticket. Officer was cool, said he was also a car guy after I told him I was an instructor at VIR. He asked about the Supra ("what have you done to it") and talked about the cars he wants to own/drive. I told him he should've got me an hour ago...when I was doing 146 mph! (at the track of course). I think the combination of my concealed carry permit (properly presented...he said humurously "I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours"), good traffic-stop etiquette, and the high-performance driving instructor thing got me off with just the warning. This is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and NOT received a ticket.

·
iSPOOL
970 Posts
View attachment 246073

70 in a 55 on the way home from VIR (Virginia International Raceway), but just got this "warning" instead of a ticket. Officer was cool, said he was also a car guy after I told him I was an instructor at VIR. He asked about the Supra ("what have you done to it") and talked about the cars he wants to own/drive. I told him he should've got me an hour ago...when I was doing 146 mph! (at the track of course). I think the combination of my concealed carry permit (properly presented...he said humurously "I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours"), good traffic-stop etiquette, and the high-performance driving instructor thing got me off with just the warning. This is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and NOT received a ticket.
I'm jealous of interactions with police like yours! I haven't yet had the courtesy in the 4x I've been pulled over.
The first time I was pulled over in Philly in my Supra for making a "questionable" turn, a cop pulled his pistol on me yelling, "whos car is this!" Lol sucks being profiled.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,034 Posts
replaced the steering rack with a new oem one. i had my original one rebuilt (third party that rebuilds for pepboys/oreilleys) but they never got it quite right....still leaked, got my money back and went fresh oem. im just glad it was still available !

4641 - 4652 of 4652 Posts