Supra Forums banner

4641 - 4660 of 4710 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,301 Posts
Bought a full set of black carpeted floor mats, brand new in plastic from another member for $40. Oh wait, sorry, that was for my 4Runner. Those guys have no idea what floor mats are worth.

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
Not today, but last weekend, I put 609 miles on my hard top, driving to SIV, participating in the Scenic Drive and driving back home. Nothing better.

Ken.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,301 Posts
Rebuilt my brake master cylinder, which had starting leaking from the rear (where the MC meets the booster) during track sessions. Then bench-bled the MC (again) and bled the entire system (all 4 calipers).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow. Very nice. If you do not mind, how much was the total and spec, did you roll the fenders?

Thank you!

I can't really remember the exact total but I would budget around $4k for a setup like this. I still need the ARP extended studs for the rear as well to complete the setup. I rolled the rears and had to trim the black plastic finisher at the rear of the arch on both sides. As for the fronts that required a bit of pulling to fit 245/40r18's but I went with the Toyo Proxes R1R's which have a wider footprint than most 245's from what I found. Overall, worth the expense to actually start seeing traction in 2nd.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,301 Posts

70 in a 55 on the way home from VIR (Virginia International Raceway), but just got this "warning" instead of a ticket. Officer was cool, said he was also a car guy after I told him I was an instructor at VIR. He asked about the Supra ("what have you done to it") and talked about the cars he wants to own/drive. I told him he should've got me an hour ago...when I was doing 146 mph! (at the track of course). I think the combination of my concealed carry permit (properly presented...he said humurously "I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours"), good traffic-stop etiquette, and the high-performance driving instructor thing got me off with just the warning. This is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and NOT received a ticket.

·
iSPOOL
1,187 Posts
View attachment 246073

70 in a 55 on the way home from VIR (Virginia International Raceway), but just got this "warning" instead of a ticket. Officer was cool, said he was also a car guy after I told him I was an instructor at VIR. He asked about the Supra ("what have you done to it") and talked about the cars he wants to own/drive. I told him he should've got me an hour ago...when I was doing 146 mph! (at the track of course). I think the combination of my concealed carry permit (properly presented...he said humurously "I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours"), good traffic-stop etiquette, and the high-performance driving instructor thing got me off with just the warning. This is the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding and NOT received a ticket.
I'm jealous of interactions with police like yours! I haven't yet had the courtesy in the 4x I've been pulled over.
The first time I was pulled over in Philly in my Supra for making a "questionable" turn, a cop pulled his pistol on me yelling, "whos car is this!" Lol sucks being profiled.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Finally put on my TT brakes I have been sitting on last night. Glad to finally get rid of the NA's. Haven't had a chance to really feel them out yet though.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,073 Posts
replaced the steering rack with a new oem one. i had my original one rebuilt (third party that rebuilds for pepboys/oreilleys) but they never got it quite right....still leaked, got my money back and went fresh oem. im just glad it was still available !

·
From the land down under
3,884 Posts
Very nice, Mark.

What did it cost to buy the new rack, please?

I have never tried to get a quote on a JDM rack, but I think I will now haha

P.S Your engine bay looks clean enough to eat off...seriously, it all looks brand new :)

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
@bitshftr, cool story, Shawn, on that LEO interaction. We should all be so fortunate.

Ken.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,301 Posts
@bitshftr, cool story, Shawn, on that LEO interaction. We should all be so fortunate.
Thanks, Ken. It was about time. I've had my fair share (and then some) of speeding tickets over the years. When I was 16 years old, I had 3 tickets in one year :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took delivery on a brand new TRD steering wheel! Can’t wait to get it installed. It’s going to look much better than the stock 97 steering wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice, Mark.

What did it cost to buy the new rack, please?

I have never tried to get a quote on a JDM rack, but I think I will now haha

P.S Your engine bay looks clean enough to eat off...seriously, it all looks brand new :)
I think JDM RHD ones are discontinued...

4641 - 4660 of 4710 Posts