Supra Forums banner

4721 - 4734 of 4734 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
Finally installed the G-Force ECU that I bought 4 years ago. Work and Life really get in the way of my hobbies.

·
From the land down under
4,091 Posts
Finally installed the G-Force ECU that I bought 4 years ago. Work and Life really get in the way of my hobbies.
What alterations were done to your ECU, Shawn?

Ive always wanted an aftermarket chipped factory ECU, but theyre like hens teeth to find, especially down the bottom of the planet haha

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
What alterations were done to your ECU, Shawn?

Ive always wanted an aftermarket chipped factory ECU, but theyre like hens teeth to find,
Agreed...I get real lucky when I found mine, and at a really good price too. (Edit) It's the 2-chip G-Force upgrade, so:
  • Rev limit raised to 9000rpm. I'll never run it that high. I just wanted to be able to get to 7500 on the track so that I had more flexibility of shift points, for example, so I don't have to shift in the middle of a turn while accelerating and holding 1.3Gs of lateral force.
  • Speed limit removed. At some point I will hit 155mph on the track and I don't want to remove my Trac fuse since it's powering other stuff and I'm against removing telltale warning bulbs.
  • Boost cut removed. No more need for the GReddy BCC.
  • Set up for stock fuel injectors (550cc), with stock lean spot removed (I think).
  • Unknown timing changes (because of the 2nd daughterboard). This is based on Wreckless's G-Force post here.
Really kindof dissapointed at G-Force's lack of markings or branding, and the fact that no G-Force ECU I've ever seen has any documentation label on the outside or inside of the ECU.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
From the land down under
4,091 Posts
Sounds like a great setup. And I hear you re the rev limit being a huge help at the track, for a multitude of reasons too. Like not having to change up a gear so you don't hit the limiter before hitting a breaking zone.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your impressions once you have had some seat time :)

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,432 Posts
Replaced the leather shift boot in my NA (old one had worn out).

·
Registered
675 Posts
Switched my wheels up from silver to black (same ENkei PF01). Better custom offset in the rear to move from 285 to 315 in the rear.

Wow, never noticed how different phones take such radically different photos. They're both in more or less the same spot, just different directions, about a year apart.

·
Old School
4,022 Posts
Swapped out my 14 year old Earl’s braided steel -6 line for a -6 braided steel PTFE line I had a local industrial supply place make. The Earl’s line was leaking, I think the PTFE will be more durable. Although 14 years isn’t terrible service.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
281 Posts
Installed the PHR reservoir kit and high pressure line. Power steering pump is making a little noise even after getting all the bubbles in the line out so I'm a little frustrated.

·
From the land down under
4,091 Posts
Switched my wheels up from silver to black (same ENkei PF01). Better custom offset in the rear to move from 285 to 315 in the rear.
View attachment 251737

View attachment 251738
Wow, never noticed how different phones take such radically different photos. They're both in more or less the same spot, just different directions, about a year apart.
Thats a huge difference indeed. The top pic clearly looks like 3L2, whereas the bottom pic almost looks like 3P0 :)

4721 - 4734 of 4734 Posts