Supra Forums banner
4861 - 4880 of 4950 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Not today, but changed the battery in Eau Rouge, which turned into a project. Go here for details: EAU ROUGE TODAY -- The Curse Has Been Lifted Also, had a 3-stage paint correction and ceramic coating on Eau Rouge, both for the first time.

I must say the paint looks better than a showroom finish, minus the typical rock chips and such for a 26-year old car. Fifteen years ago, when I brought the car home, I had the front and rear bumper caps resprayed, along with the OEM side skirts and wheel well garnish, in the factory 3L2 (Renaissance Red). That aside, the rest of the paint has aged better than I would have imagined, as the correction/coating work done on the car demonstrated.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm debating on what to do with my '94TT RR. Tons of rock chips up front, plus about a dozen triple-damned dings in the bonnet from ACORNS. Parked under a tree for 3 hours, come out to a dozen dimples. And, the guy who originally painted the Stillen front bumper didn't prep it properly, so the paint is cracking off along the bottom - didn't use flex agent :(

Repaint of front end isn't too terrible cost-wise, but how weird will it look - fresh 2021 paint next to 26 year old paint ? A full respray by Redline Restoration here in CT would be north of $12k ...

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
i did my hood, new oem bumper, and rock chips on the fender edges and it was about $1500. talk to the body shop, they should be able to blend it pretty well. if not, maybe you can talk to a detailer and they can do a paint correction and get it to match.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Received my matching 18's for the rear from Weld. As expected, they are perfect.

Shoutout to Zach Smyth from Real Street for keeping me updated on my order the entire time. He went above and beyond to make the experience a good one.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Received my matching 18's for the rear from Weld. As expected, they are perfect.

Shoutout to Zach Smyth from Real Street for keeping me updated on my order the entire time. He went above and beyond to make the experience a good one.
Really nice fitment!
What specs? Any body modifications needed?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Really nice fitment!
What specs? Any body modifications needed?
Whatever Real Street calls 'Supra' fitment is what I got. My rear is rolled to accommodate my drag tire setup I also have but I think you could probably squeeze it back there without rubbing. Someone else would have to chime in to that. 295/35r18 rear 245/40r18 in the front.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The guys at RealStreet are great. I deal with Chris over there for a lot of my recent purchases.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,478 Posts
Some maintenance.
  1. Replaced fuel filter on the Fuelab 828; the car has had a 6 micron fiberglass element in there for about four years. Swapped it out for a new one -- ethanol is nasty stuff. Didn't look too bad but this really needs to be come something I swap every 1-2 years for peace of mind.
  2. Rebuild kit on the Fuelab fuel pressure regulator; the FPR was original and has never been cracked open so we're talking a good 10 years here. There was a lot of build up. I don't know what the maintenance interval should be here on FPR's, but it should certainly be shorter.
  3. Lastly... an oil change and check/drain of the catch can. The catch can was pretty empty (love the dipstick feature); that said, there was some condensation/ethanol that drained from my 45 Draft Designs.

·
Master Shit Fixer
4,012 Posts
Started installing my HKS Hypermax IV coilovers and Strongflex bushings (finally). So far the front bushings can all be pressed out and back in with a ball-joint press from AutoZone (loan-a-tool), a socket set, and a vise (the vise just holds the ball-joint press). Pictures to follow after I'm done.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Started installing my HKS Hypermax IV coilovers and Strongflex bushings (finally). So far the front bushings can all be pressed out and back in with a ball-joint press from AutoZone (loan-a-tool), a socket set, and a vise (the vise just holds the ball-joint press). Pictures to follow after I'm done.
You will like this setup a lot.
I also went with the HKS HM4, but Superpro bushings instead. Very firm, but comfy ride.
The bushing of the rear LCA are a pain. I wasn't able to press these out. I had to burn them out. The rest should be pretty easy.
The HKS run very low out of the box. I had them raise approx 15mm - 20mm front and rear if I recall correctly.

Good luck!

4861 - 4880 of 4950 Posts