Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through a couple threads about the charcoal canister subject but non touched base on what im looking for. I already took it out i mean its nothing more than common sense. I want this removal to look clean thou therefore I want to remove the vacuum port that the charcoal canister connects to (CC to this vacuum port and the vacuum port to the throttle body) anyways I want to remove this and I cant find the bolt to replace it with. Ideally I would like to get an allen head bolt that would replace it and sit flush with the thermostat housing but I cant find one. Does anyone know the size/pitch of this bolt but not only that where did you get it? I went to sears, autozone, and home depot to try and match that bolt and haven't found one yet. Thanks,

~Dan

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry but I dont understand you're reponse what is npt? sorry for my ignorance.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i think its nominal pipe thread.

just go and find a 3/8" NPT pipe plug. it only comes in one size.

if you want it REALLY clean, just find a JDM thermostat housing. they dont even have the hole in theirs.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks. I was confused because the sizes are metric and im bad at conversion expecially the ones that convert perfectly i.e 13mm / 1/2" etc.

·
92 TURBO
1,001 Posts
sammydafish said:
or just move the canister out of view but keep it hooked up. Evaporative emissions are bad, don't add to the problem.
AGREED, I can't comprehend why people have to remove the canister, for looks! I guess they don't care or have regular emission inspections in their states like we do in the NE.
The first thing they checked at the testing facility was the gas cap pressure, presence of the cat. converters with mirrors and that all emission devices were present and hooked up under the hood before they even ran it on the rollers. It passed with no problem.
We get all the dirty air from the midwest states blowing into the NE. That's so fucked up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
well....im in PA and I dont gotta worry about emissions or the cat! Its nice knowing friends who work for toyota.

charlie

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i removed it cuz it was ugly!!! hah, no seriously, cuz it got in the way of me constantly working on my engine. it was a convenience mod, not a cosmetic mod. if it was small, sleek and sexy, and in a well thought out place, out of the way; i would have left it on there.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Ditto on getting in the way, And now it doesnt fit anymore under my hood, so I cant work with it. I moved the PS resivor to where it used to be so I can acess the CPS easier... so.. 3/8 npt.. I gotta get one of those plugs

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
raven, you mvoed the ps resivoir back by the DP??? schnikes... thats what i was originally going to do, but i was worried that the radiant heat and lack of airflow back there would cook the ATF.

so i moved it forward of the radiator support and bolted it to the pasenger headlight support. it sits about flush with the lower edge of the radiator support. actually looks like stock sitting down there. i just had to use some longer feed and return lines. seems to be working just fine right now. and its still placed higher than the PS pump, so no back-feeding or syphoning. also, its located right behind the grill opening, so there is airflow over the resivoir to cool it off some.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Im actually thinking if I can use a NA ps resivor, the one that bolts near the shock tower, that seems like it'd work out well. Im thinking I'll ge ta aftermarket resivor and make it bling...
And I cant put it where you have it, the new IC takes up all that room

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome guys, im gonna have to take a look for that plug. Im doing it because its HUGE, UGLY, and gets in the way.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
umm actually the REAL thread fitting is 3/8 BSPT as is all the other tapered threads on all japanese cars. they are BSPT fitting NOT NPT

3/8" NPT will work but be aware that it will be crossthreaded by ONE thread.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
mine is removed only because im too lazy to put it back in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts