Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what I will need if i want to go single turbo such as an SP57 or SP60 kit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The kit and a front mount. You won't need fuel but you can get it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
about 10k dollars :D

joking
with a 57, i emailed larry while back, said that you can keep all stock components ie, fuel, stock ic, stock transmission. if youre a 6 spd you should upgrade the clutch. with the 60 im sure you could live on stock parts, i think ced from hawaii did that for a whiles, but to get the true potential of the 60, an upgraded fuel system is needed, upgraded ic etc. if you really want to kno more about it, email larry at soundperformace.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
aznsupra said:
about 10k dollars :D

joking
with a 57, i emailed larry while back, said that you can keep all stock components ie, fuel, stock ic, stock transmission. if youre a 6 spd you should upgrade the clutch. with the 60 im sure you could live on stock parts, i think ced from hawaii did that for a whiles, but to get the true potential of the 60, an upgraded fuel system is needed, upgraded ic etc. if you really want to kno more about it, email larry at soundperformace.....
Is it a do it yourselfe task? Or is that estimate include labor?

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you are very handy and have the right tools you can do it yourself but better reserve 4 or 5 full days or so to get everything perfectly working.

Flavio

·
Registered
532 Posts
elejes said:
Is it a do it yourselfe task? Or is that estimate include labor?
trust me if you can do it yourself do it....you will save probably a couple thousand. an sp kit will run 5500, get an fmic and thats about 1400, fuel system, i will say cost around 2-2.5k, lets see what else im missing, and if you are auto, then a tranny upgrade is needed for the sp60 or higher, so thats another 2-4k. this is all if u do it yourself.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you may need:

Turbo kit
Front mount intercooler
Manual tranny: Clutch (if your's is stock or worn)
Fuel upgrade if you're running larger turbo
VPC if you want to maximize your power
Fuel controller to adjust fuel mixture
Depending on kit, a midpipe
Exhaust
Boost Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Boost Controller

Not all of these are necessary, but good to have.

From stock to single, you're looking at around $15-$20k.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I planned to do the install myself. I just wanted to know what is the bear minimum I would need to safetly go single with a kit such as an SP57 or SP60. Also I have a pretty new clutch in (RPS Stage II).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you looked into Directed Engineering For $3,000 including turbo you can have a complete single turbo setup. Add not even $1,000 on top of that for an Apexi hybrid FMIC and you're set. Personally having an SP63 / cast manifold setup I can say that I am VERY happy. My SP63 spools faster than my stock twins on this manifold. The setup is also dyno proven as people have made 500+rwhp @ 18psi with the SP63 and cast manifold. Check it out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that is what I will do, I will get the directed engineering kit. Looks perfect for what I want.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was also wondering, I have an HKS Type S intercooler, it came on the car when i bought it.. can i still use that type s with a nice sized single, or do i have to get the Type R or Greddy 4 Row?? I am looking into an SP turbo that i can still keep my stock fuel for a while..

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MarksTTSupra, you can keep the same intercooler, it'll work fine. We actually have 2 of those in stock at a very good price if anyone wants one (HKS type-S FMIC). They're very nice. Email [email protected] if you're interested.

The turbo kit we sell is designed to work with your stock fuel system, stock MAF, stock cat/exhaust, etc. Installation is very simple; almost anyone would be able to do it. Taking out the stock twins is the only tricky part. Visit our website for some more details or give us a call at (313) 801-4849.

·
Registered
113 Posts
traxon

are the directedengineering single kits still using the SP63. I e-mailed Dimitri about the single kits a few weeks ago, and he said that yall were having to switch over to a T64. I was wondering if this was final or not. If so is the price on the kits still the same. Also, who makes the T64?

MCL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts