Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would a set of 98 black seats go for?
I've been thinking about getting rid of them but afraid it will hurt the resale of my car

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
not much, i say maybe 200 if there in perfect shape. Just a rough estimate.

unless your gonna have some nice fiberglass work done in the back, then jsut leave them in, or atleast keep them in the garage.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just really don't have much of a palce to keep them around. and I have a friend who's interested in them but my fear is I get rid of them and than someone wants to buy my car (because i'd liek to sell it and upgrade to a TT) and back off because he wanted rear seats

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
400 for a pair of back seats? Heh, who the heck wants back seats anyway, let alone at 400$... you must be confused with the front seats.

·
Is that my briefcase?
74 Posts
ya this is in the wrong spot.. anyhow anyone interested in these??
less than 20k miles on them, mint.

·
Registered
391 Posts
cherzra said:
400 for a pair of back seats? Heh, who the heck wants back seats anyway, let alone at 400$... you must be confused with the front seats.
a pair of front blks went for 900 that were mint.

·
11,221 Posts
Stompastang, lisk2 (sp?) from LI is looking for a set of rear tan seats.

-----------------------

fwiw - I sold my rear seats in the neighborhood of $400. I'm not sure if the guy was desperate or it was a good price? But he was a baller who had a 1997 32k miles auto-x Supra (which is completely stripped), and he wanted to convert it back to stock.

The 97-98 leather are diff from the 93-96 also.

Having no rear seats don't affect the price of the Supra much. No one fucking uses that shit anyways.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I'm looking for a black back seat to replace the tan one in the fiance's MKIV, but I have not seen any of them going for over $200 (even in mint shape). In her case she just wants a color change, so I'm still not okay with even paying that much (just for the color change).

The fronts can be recovered for ~$650 if you do it yourself. Even then, for not much more, you can get some aftermarket front seats.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Stompastang said:
ya this is in the wrong spot.. anyhow anyone interested in these??
less than 20k miles on them, mint.
Heh - just make a sofa out of them.

I'm thinking of removing at least the lower part of mine and building a nice place for carrying stuff on trips, including a good place for my paranoid dog to ride. But I'm keeping them for that highly unlikely sale of my car in the future (not likely to happen ever).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts