·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would opt for the AEM system. It will take a bit more tuning time, but you will have control of when the second turbo comes on line, plus you can change ignition timing. You also have the ability to upgrade to larger injectors without buying anything new. The only problem I foresee on the AEM unit as well as any aftermarket computer is taking the time to fine tune the system. You may want to wait and see how the system works for other people once it is installed on their cars. I have a funny feeling many good used VPC's and GCC's will be for sale after the AEM computer is released.
John B.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
mistersolo

i would agree with you to a point!

the aem unit does seem the way to go .....but ..yes there is a but !

the aem unit requiers you to buy some other aftermarker stuff to have it work properly (or better) but they dont give you specifics (part#'s )

i too want the aem unit but ill wait till all the kinks are worked out and people know what exact parts are needed to have it work properly in a single and twin set-up before i jump on the
ban-wagon

C5KILLRyour best bet is to
1.wait till the kinks are worked out of the unit and its proven by others here on the supra

2. buy new or used (i prefer used) vpc and gcc/safc units for now

remember i too want this unit but dont want to be a test dummy!(who does)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts