Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive posted a few times here, and i have been looking for a supra for a while now. I drive a 99 Camaro SS currently, however i was looking online, and came across this supra and am really interested in it, i was just wondering what you guys think about it..heres all the specs..
1993 Supra Twin Turbo Targa
108,000 miles
New Black paint job less then 6 months ago
TSI Automatic Trans with a precision industries torque convertor
cold air intake
downpipe
HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
HKS boost controller
Alpine CD player
HKS boost guage
98 taillights
brand new LM Racing 18" rims with new Nitto 555ZR tires

Here are some pics..

I think thats about it, i mean the car is flawless, i am really considering tradin in my SS for it. They are asking $23,900 for it, and i think if i can get them down to $22,500 it wouldnt be bad. What do you guys think? Everyones opinion means alot to me. Thanks guys
JacobK

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me too..they were just reupholstered, with the suede in the middle.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you think its a good deal? what about the automatic? like i really like 6 speed cars, but i mean i dont know much about autos in supras especially since i am gonna mod it if i do purchase it, and eveuntually go with a single turbo and so on.

·
mahkittahluvsme
544 Posts
My 94 is identical, except bone stock (and 98 polished wheels) with about 25K less miles. It's in the same shape too and although I paid a couple K less, I think your 22.5 offer would be very reasonable given the upgrades on that car (especially that sweet interior). Only thing is, I personally can't stand the rims on that one. Just my pref tho...if you like them that's great.

Good luck in your haggle! Looks like a real nice Supra. Oh, and I've been driving sticks almost exclusively for the past 20 years or so, and contrary to many on this board....I've come to absolutely love an auto MKIV.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
JacobK said:
Hey guys ive posted a few times here, and i have been looking for a supra for a while now. I drive a 99 Camaro SS currently, however i was looking online, and came across this supra and am really interested in it, i was just wondering what you guys think about it..heres all the specs........

I think thats about it, i mean the car is flawless, i am really considering tradin in my SS for it. They are asking $23,900 for it, and i think if i can get them down to $22,500 it wouldnt be bad. What do you guys think? Everyones opinion means alot to me. Thanks guys
JacobK
I think I would check it out mechanically (compression, leakdown, etc) and jump on it if they are OK. While I would like a 6-spd sometimes, I like my automagic with 119K miles quite well!

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
JacobK said:
So you think its a good deal? what about the automatic? like i really like 6 speed cars, but i mean i dont know much about autos in supras especially since i am gonna mod it if i do purchase it, and eveuntually go with a single turbo and so on.

I think its a good deal! lil high on the miles but these cars keep on going an going!

As for the tranny...lol... the car in my sig was a 6spd, and I just went with the th400, and loving it so much! They are getting mid 11's on light mods, maybe like a BPU++ with the Autos, which is very sweet!
Go with a higher stall, on your TC and you will be amazed on how much it helps!
Go for this one Fella, cause you wont be disapointed..Trust me!
Very clean car inside and out and under the hood!

·
00 SC300
45 Posts
Do it but sell the bling bling rims. Interior looks really good. just check it out and make sure everything is running smooth and all that dont get stuck with something your gonna spend tons of money repairing.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Man that is one clean ass car for the miles, hey man a nice paint jod and newly done interior does not come for free so paying $22,500 is a very good purchase. I would take off those wheels right away, but look at it this way atleast you can sell them since they are new and use that money for mods or better wheels.
-Mani

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man...real clean car...but plz dont drive with those wheels.....i got my supra with some cheesy wheels like that tooo.....but didnt register the car till i had enough money to buy some decent wheels........

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
What kind of racing wheel company would make those wheels? Get rid of those master P rims and you're straight.

·
Banned
865 Posts
IMO you cant trust a guy who parks over that many handicapped parking spots

·
Registered
703 Posts
show up with like 21k cash and flash it in their face, IF the compression is good and the leakdown test is fine. Sounds like a decent deal. I'd opt the owner to put the stock wheels back on and tell him to subtract it from his original price.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
Ineed2speed said:
show up with like 21k cash and flash it in their face, IF the compression is good and the leakdown test is fine. Sounds like a decent deal. I'd opt the owner to put the stock wheels back on and tell him to subtract it from his original price.

Yeah that would be a good Idea, thats if he still has the stock ones!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ineed2speed said:
Good idea, I'd rather have the stock wheels over those and save some cash too. The rest of the car looks great though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts