Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive posted a few times here, and i have been looking for a supra for a while now. I drive a 99 Camaro SS currently, however i was looking online, and came across this supra and am really interested in it, i was just wondering what you guys think about it..heres all the specs..
1993 Supra Twin Turbo Targa
108,000 miles
New Black paint job less then 6 months ago
TSI Automatic Trans with a precision industries torque convertor
cold air intake
downpipe
HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
HKS boost controller
Alpine CD player
HKS boost guage
98 taillights
brand new LM Racing 18" rims with new Nitto 555ZR tires

Here are some pics..

I think thats about it, i mean the car is flawless, i am really considering tradin in my SS for it. They are asking $23,900 for it, and i think if i can get them down to $22,500 it wouldnt be bad. What do you guys think? Everyones opinion means alot to me. Thanks guys
JacobK

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me either, but i would pick up some black rims with the polished lip, and deep dished. Does anyone have any experience with BPU auto supras? how are they compard to 6 speed supras?

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Looks in good shape for $23.9K. Not a fan of the wheels but those can always be replaced. Looks clean but how does it run?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent driven it yet. i mean if it runs as good as it looks, i may have to jump on it. I was curious about the auto because like i am going to race the car quite a bit, so thats why i wanted to know the differences between an auto and stick turbo car.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
JacobK said:
i havent driven it yet. i mean if it runs as good as it looks, i may have to jump on it. I was curious about the auto because like i am going to race the car quite a bit, so thats why i wanted to know the differences between an auto and stick turbo car.
Depends on what kind of racing your doing. Drag racing + AUTO = :bigthumb: Road/track racing + 6 spd = :bigthumb:

As funny as it seems to most auto enthusiasts, AUTO dominates the drag racing world with the Supras. Before you buy the car, there is a thread on here what to look for when you buy your Supra. Good luck :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitely would be used for drag racing. well we will see, im waiting for them to call me back so i can go take a look at it, and i will let u guys know how it is.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It looks great, the wheel are ok for me, perhaps you should see if he would be interested in keeping those wheels and lower price some more.

I pesonally am also looking to buy another Supra in $20k~$22k range, must be black TT. Prefer 6spd, but at that price range it will be in my dreams, auto TT will do just fine for me.

·
Don't touch the watch.
314 Posts
This car was previously owned by a friend of mine. I've gotten a couple of rides in it, it pulls great. If you have any other questions you can contact me through AIM - Blade2636

S

·
0 Posts
funny...I was asking 24,900 for my 93 TT auto with only 42k miles and I didnt get any takers...WTF!!!?

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
Looks nice, it appears the passenger side fender VIN sticker is missing though. I would run the VIN to make sure the title is clean.

·
Registered
665 Posts
its okay. The car loks good but the wheels gotta go. The deal seems good if they have the reciepts for the transmission and you can find out exactly what was done.
Basil

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Run a CARFAX! Especially if you;re picking it up from a dealer....they love to keep all the secrets away from the buyer. Like said before, it looks like the VIN sticker on the passenger door jam is missing....possible wreck.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
The seats are VERY classy. I like it. Go for it, trade the SS. :)

-Olivier

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Keep the SS and buy teh supra. :)

If you do sell the SS what's the specs on it. I want one for a daily driver. They get better gas mileage than a supra.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts