Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....You buy another one! Picked up a rolling chasis last night. It is not the prettiest looking car right now, but it is definetly in better shape compared to my current one (in terms of rust). This chasis is getting completely restrored from the ground up, every last part/bolt will be removed and sand/beadblasted and or replaced. And of course a little custom body work...mmm widebody mk3. Just thought I would share, here are some pics trying to get it off the trailer, it was actually harder to get it off than to get it on:

No it is not going to stay yellow. :bigthumb:

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I've had enough non-working Supra's for awhile, this 87 is going to be my one and only for awhile.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FromDaStreetz said:
Nice blackout! I thought your old one was in good shape? well by the pics anyway.

PS is that the old zorn mobile?
It looks good from the outside, and the interior is mint, but if you go under it the frame is rotting and there are holes in the inner-rear wheel wells. It was also in a front end collision at one point so the whole front is shifted and lower on one side. This new body is in MUCH MUCH better condition, yes it is zorn's old car. Two years ago my parents didn't even know what a supra is, now they absolutely despise them. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mom thinks every car ive owned is a POS :p We all learn to ignore our moms at one point or another :p

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
HAha Awesome dude, thanks for picking it up. Sorry mark sucks at pulling motors and you had to wait. Glad to see it got transported safely.

Ang

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SuprAng said:
HAha Awesome dude, thanks for picking it up. Sorry mark sucks at pulling motors and you had to wait. Glad to see it got transported safely.

Ang
It was a lot harder to get it off than it was to get it on the trailer. It was just my dad and I trying to get it off so we were slowly working it down the ramps as to not loose control of it...and well we just happened to stop it from rolling right as the frame touches the bottom of the trailor because of the steap angle. When Mark came we had to litterally lift the back and front end of the car off the ground. Supra's are not very light.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Oh PLEASE, i suck at pulling motors...pfft, those driveshaft bolts wouldn't come off. But either way, the driveshafts out now
But yea, that was sweet...we lifted the entire car like a good 1 foot off the ground to get it to clear off the ramp...Floodlights all over the neighborhood at 12:30am, the neighbors will be loving it

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mc_h said:
Oh PLEASE, i suck at pulling motors...pfft, those driveshaft bolts wouldn't come off. But either way, the driveshafts out now
But yea, that was sweet...we lifted the entire car like a good 1 foot off the ground to get it to clear off the ramp...Floodlights all over the neighborhood at 12:30am, the neighbors will be loving it
I told you as soon as I got there that the driveshaft was the problem. The same thing happened when doing Kirk's swap, remember? The trans does not drop down enough with the driveshaft still attached to it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
you could push that across the finish line, or.. tow it.

heheh. no but seriously nice project car. im looking to get a second one too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
shuda fixed it pansy, jp, looks like a good start to whats gunna be a phat car. Have fun i know what it feels like.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
lol.. thouse are my old eagle 16" rims form my NA!! OMG! Revenge of the old!

HAAHAHHA looks like they are still wrapped in my Kuhmos!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
^ its the only one that survived hahaha.

and yes i too noticed the mustang resemblance

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
blackout_89t said:
....You buy another one!
oh. my answer to the question posed by the thread title is to just sit there, order more parts, hold your head in your hands, and wish you had some booze to drown your sorrows in.

fortunately though my car should be on the road by tuesday. and it was in more like.. hmm..... 300 parts ;) not too long ago.

i digress, but the moral to my story is this:

don't take apart too many things at once. do separate projects separately. what i did was NA-T and a major suspension overhaul. so i had the engine and the suspension both completely apart. the wiser thing to do would have been to just bang off the suspension, be done with it, and then do the motor.

life is a learning experience, you live and learn, i suppose. i've learned. wonder how much longer i'll be alive, though, with my new turbo setup :D
:ky:

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Ru-ro, therm is almost to the dark side. Once you feel boost, you never go back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts