1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J

·
0 Posts
looks really cool! how much is that system going for? im guess you can put a navigation system with it? i think tomas kenyon knows what's the best system out on the market now... i think he might have mentioned kenwoods new system is above the rest?

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
retails for about$ 2,000
Kenwood kicks off the 21st century with a receiver that would look right at home on the Starship Enterprise! The P907 combines a CD deck with changer controls, a TV tuner with quad-diversity antenna, the superb CR-2 AM/FM tuner, a powerful internal amp (22 watts RMS/40 peak x 4), and a motorized touch screen display in an incredibly compact and versatile audio-visual package. And for even more fun, the P907's two audio/video inputs accept everything from a DVD player, mobile VCR, or video game system to a portable MP3, MD, or tape player. It's like having a one-stop mobile entertainment shop!

Now, you might think that operating this high-tech componentry requires an advanced degree in electronic engineering. But Kenwood pairs touch screen technology with interactive video graphics, and the result is effortless access to everything. Just point your finger at the monitor, touch the non-glare, smudge-resistant screen, and you'll have almost-instant control of sources, settings, functions, TV and radio station tuning, CD operations, and changer discs. (Click here for demo.)

The P907 also functions beautifully as the centerpiece of your audio system. Two sets of 4-volt preamp outputs ensure that your external amps receive clean, powerful signal. The System E's+ Advanced Crossover system allows you to select high-pass filters for the front and/or rear preamp (and speaker) outputs for more efficient use of your vehicle's speakers. You can add the C907 10-disc CD changer for extended-play entertainment.

And when you've finished entertaining yourself, your family, and your friends, the screen retracts into the body of the in-dash receiver, and disappears. Beam me up, Scotty.

Key Features:

motorized, retractable, high-resolution video display
touch screen controls
FM/AM tuner module
Radio Data System
24 radio station presets
station naming (30 stations)
video control module with VHF/UHF TV tuner, and one set of audio/video outputs
two audio/video inputs
12 VHF/UHF station presets
4-channel diversity antenna system
4 selectable video monitor aspect ratios
front and selectable rear/non-fading 4-volt preamp outputs
System E's crossover allows you to engage high- and low-pass filters on speaker/preamp outputs for maximum system efficiency and sound quality
plus/minus power source
source tone memory stores volume/tone settings for each source
loudness
CD changer controls for the Kenwood C907 changer (will not control other Kenwood changers)
CD Text display
disc naming for 100 discs
wireless remote included
DRIVE distortion reduction circuitry
zero-bit mute circuit
22 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels
CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
CD signal-to-noise ratio 93 dB
FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf
1-year warranty

L

·
0 Posts

·
651 Posts
The P907 is "old school"... Check out the new 910 DVD that Kenwood has available. It is an Excelon piece so I'm not sure it's in the Crutchfield catalog.

It (The 907) was pretty awesome when it first came out.

Thomas Kenyon

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thom thats the thing i could have sworn the new model had dvd also that why i was also stumed
question does the 910 also play dvd's meaning i dont have to buy a extra dvd player as its built in if not what model do you recomend?????
many thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, the 907 is pretty old school... And honestly the screen on the 907 isn't anything too hot. It is small, and the picture is not all that good... I hear the 910 is supposed to be WAY ahead of the 907 in picture quality and funtionality!

Honestly though, I would not buy a touch screen monitor.. You would always be touching it and smudging up the screen..... Meaning you would ALWAYS be cleaning it. Just my opinion though :)

-Ethan

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea thats the only thing ididnt like about the 907 or 910 im really looking at the 910 but i was confused as the crutchfield site said the 907 was new???any way whay do you guys sugest as an alternative the eclipse unit???? or alpine or clarion????
Originally posted by Ethan:
<STRONG>Yeah, the 907 is pretty old school... And honestly the screen on the 907 isn't anything too hot. It is small, and the picture is not all that good... I hear the 910 is supposed to be WAY ahead of the 907 in picture quality and funtionality!

Honestly though, I would not buy a touch screen monitor.. You would always be touching it and smudging up the screen..... Meaning you would ALWAYS be cleaning it. Just my opinion though :)

-Ethan</STRONG>

·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not looking to buy it at cruthfield! i know there way over priced
i get the items at cost so thats not a problem im asking about the item not the store! but thanks for the concern!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by RanGer498:
<STRONG>yea thats the only thing ididnt like about the 907 or 910 im really looking at the 910 but i was confused as the crutchfield site said the 907 was new???any way whay do you guys sugest as an alternative the eclipse unit???? or alpine or clarion????
Originally posted by Ethan:
[qb]Yeah, the 907 is pretty old school... And honestly the screen on the 907 isn't anything too hot. It is small, and the picture is not all that good... I hear the 910 is supposed to be WAY ahead of the 907 in picture quality and funtionality!

-Ethan</STRONG>
[/QB]

the alpine ivac800 would be something compareable to the 910dvd but it doesnt have a dvd player so you woud have to buy the DVA5205 by alpine to have a dvd in your car....i know a reputable place that sells car audio stuff so if you want to compare prices then drop me an email,

[email protected]
this way you can compare prioces on whatever you decide to go with, my friend can get almost everything except like diamond, xtant, eclipse, few others :)

U

·
0 Posts
I'm new to this stuff so excuse me if this is a dumb question...
Say I purchase one of these in-dash video screens with a DVD and connect a GPS system to it.. can I listen to a CD while the GPS is on or is it one or the other with this thing?

Also do any of these systems have a video screen that swivels (you know how the supra console tilts towards the driver, that would make it difficult for others to view).
Thanks for any input.

·
651 Posts
It is possible to have GPS going and be listening to music with just about any system currently available. The only in dash unit that will swivel and be GPS capable is the Kenwood P907. (The 910 does not swivel) Although they have not released their GPS brain/software YET, it is the only model that swivels and can accept a video input along with GPS. (Kenwood tells me that the GPS will be available around August)

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts