Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the title says. Whats the best car, new or used, for $25k.

some that I have thought of...

01 audi s4
03 mustang cobra
99 Jaguar XJR
Infinity G35
replica 66 shelby replica

what else do you guys think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
best all around car for the money

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
03 cobra or infinity G35 hands down

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
SVTdubs said:

01 audi s4
03 mustang cobra
99 Jaguar XJR
Infinity G35

Audi s4 :lol: junk, blown turbos cheap plastic interior etc.

Infiniti g35, for the money theres better out there. We have an infiniti and the transmission is garbage, the bose stereo sucks and the climate control is not that great. Plus it sometimes makes a weird noise from the engine when I start it like something broke or is stuck in between the belts. Theres no doubt in my mind that infinit/nissan still has a long way to go to even come close to engineering a car like honda and toyota do.

The best brand new practical dd family car that money can buy for 25K is a honda accord ex v6. Period. You can buy one of these and have it run flawlessly, as long as you maintain it well, for for 200K miles and over a decade and then turn around and still sell it for a few grand.

In terms of performance and practicality I believe the best bang for buck car you can buy is a evo 8.

In terms of straight out performance I think the best car you can buy is a supra or 03 cobra.

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
SVTdubs said:

01 audi s4
03 mustang cobra
99 Jaguar XJR
Infinity G35

The one you just sold.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
Audi s4 :lol: junk, blown turbos cheap plastic interior etc.

Infiniti g35, for the money theres better out there. We have an infiniti and the transmission is garbage, the bose stereo sucks and the climate control is not that great. Plus it sometimes makes a weird noise from the engine when I start it like something broke or is stuck in between the belts. Theres no doubt in my mind that infinit/nissan still has a long way to go to even come close to engineering a car like honda and toyota do.

The best brand new practical dd family car that money can buy for 25K is a honda accord ex v6. Period. You can buy one of these and have it run flawlessly, as long as you maintain it well, for for 200K miles and over a decade and then turn around and still sell it for a few grand.

In terms of performance and practicality I believe the best bang for buck car you can buy is a evo 8.

In terms of straight out performance I think the best car you can buy is a supra or 03 cobra.
But yet so many manufacturers try to compete with Audi's Interiors as they do seem to be the benchmark according to all the magazine write ups. I personally think audi has the best interior going and its definitely better than my previous 540i and my friends Mercedes. The newer 04+ TL can be had for right around $25k if you shop hard enough and has a great interior and drives quite nicely as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C5 4 NOW said:
The one you just sold.

I need one with a motor this time then, lol

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Just put a turbo on the Lexus. Or do a GS300 (2nd gen) turbo.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
SVTdubs said:
I need one with a motor this time then, lol

I have a stock red-fire with 6000 miles on it :) motor included :rofl:

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Alex D said:
But yet so many manufacturers try to compete with Audi's Interiors as they do seem to be the benchmark according to all the magazine write ups. I personally think audi has the best interior going and its definitely better than my previous 540i and my friends Mercedes. The newer 04+ TL can be had for right around $25k if you shop hard enough and has a great interior and drives quite nicely as well.
cool

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I need to go drive a new Mustang GT cause with the single turbo kits floating around for those they look like alot of fun. I'd say 03 Cobra but I just can't stand the interior its so horrible.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
davidX said:
I need to go drive a new Mustang GT cause with the single turbo kits floating around for those they look like alot of fun. I'd say 03 Cobra but I just can't stand the interior its so horrible.
Hmm I never had that interior problem...I was looking at the road the whole time because the car was so fooking fast.

LS1 FD is where it's at!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts