Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
Of course it does. The +20 its talking about is at the wheels, so in reality you're gaining probably 25 at the crank or so.

I have 6 of these in my SC300 and im making about 300 WHP on a NA motor.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know... but then how the hell does he have good feedback? :dunno: hes sold like 200 of these things

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hah.. i know for same sure itw ont give 20, but maybe 5? i got no idea... i doubt itl work but maybe? lol for 10$ it may be worth a shot its a resistor not a performance chip...

·
11,221 Posts
No, I think these chips actually work. I think they did a show on Speed Channel about it a while back. But it only works on stock NA cars I believe. It manipulates the a/f or some shit and gives it a lil more achievement. It's kinda basically a cheap SAFC I guess.

So once you start modifying your car, this chip is useless.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Where is the IAT sensor on the NA's anyway?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your guess is as good as mine.... for 9$ im temped..haha... just to see.... my timign is advanced as hell though

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
you guys got to be joking...

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the way i figure it, if it does work, i can pick up a resistor from like radio shack for a few bucks

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Just ordered mine. :cool:

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Some of my friends have old domestics or big trucks and always talke about, "hey, i got intake, exhuast and a chip and I have an extra 100hp" or something like that. I am sure this is what they are talking about, but like many things for sale online or on TV, where is the real evidence? If an AFC only gives 10-15whp improvement then on our 3L engine then perhaps a 25hp spike is possible on a small block; regardless, leaning out the car this way is probably not the best idea, nor is it proven.

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
its just a resistor which does trick the car to get more air. it does work. your supposed to jam it in the maf clip, but i dont see how any modded car should use it. i mean most us cant take a chance of messing with the air/fuel? you know? maybe if its bone stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts