Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put one in my 6 sp, what fitment issues do they have? I've searched and many people, as well as MVP just descrive it as fitment issues. Anyone care to get more specific? Thanks

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
I have had both. For the PWR I had to modify the stock radiator clamps on top. Nothing to serious. You'll see what needs done to them as soon as you drop a PWR in place. ( Grab that dremel ) I also needed to put weather stripping in to fill the gap between the oem fan shroud and flat end on the PWR.
My current one is the Koyo and there were no issues with that.
PWR looked better, Koyo is a little lighter.

·
Doin' the Monster Mash
156 Posts
When installing you will have to remove the battery and tray (if they havent been relocated already) but these will go back in tightly (only a small amount of space left over), but besides that as Raretoy mentioned the clamps need to be adjusted, also the stock air intake won't fit properly as it's rounded for the stock radiator while the pwr is flat. I'm sure you could get it to work with some adjustements but I just left it off on my car.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Opps.... I didnt mention thos eother things because they were all modified or removed previously on my ride.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have a somewhat related question. I'm not sure if there is a straight forward answer to this either.

What do most prefer, the PWR or the Fluidyne?

The fluidyne fits right in without any modifications as well I believe. Thats a nice thing. I've never heard anything bad about either. i'm not sure which one does a better job and how much better.

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I have the koyo and had to make 2 little brackets up top. No biggie. I also had to take out my lower a/c fan because with the bigger radiator, it was hitting my intercooler pipe. If your i/c pipes are small, you might be able to get away withou hacing to remover a lower fan. If you have a 97-98. 93=96 only had one a/c fan. I have had no problems with my koyo for over a year now

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
JGsupraTT said:
I have a somewhat related question. I'm not sure if there is a straight forward answer to this either.

What do most prefer, the PWR or the Fluidyne?

The fluidyne fits right in without any modifications as well I believe. Thats a nice thing. I've never heard anything bad about either. i'm not sure which one does a better job and how much better.
It probably comes down to personal preference and what your looking for.

The PWR is the best in my oppinion. I personally would never use a Fluidyne. They look tiny, whimpy and don't polish up near as good. The PWR took the best polish right out of the box plus the use an oversized top piece which gives the impression the radiator is much larger then it really is. My PWR was getting old so the only reason I didnt get another one at the time was there was none readily available so I just ordered the Koyo. I will be getting a PWR again sometime I'm sure. They even seem to use heavier gauge metal across the top which polishes up so much better then the other two in my oppinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts