Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that TRD makes a 10krpm TACH, but I only see people revving around 7krpm. What would I need to get the MKIV to rev past 8krpm?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
a standalone EMS that'll allow to up the rev limiter or a G-Force ECU and some retainers and springs to do it safely.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the limit of the rods and rod bolts when it comes to revving? 8krpm, 9krpm, 10krpm??

S

·
0 Posts
it'd be worth your time to move on up to ARP rod bolts, and head studs while you're there if you wanted to do say 9000. plus valvetrain obviously. which... if you needed those RPMs (perhaps with the HKS 272 cams and a bigger turbo) then you need all that stuff too.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
I thought there wasn't much point to revving any farther due to power dropping off earlier? Well on stock and BPU cars anyways.

·
Tom Henderson
1,237 Posts
yea there is no point if ur keeping it bpu or even small singles..

and if u are going with a big turbo ur gonna need, the whole valvetrain, ems or g-force ecu, arp 1/2 studs, billet mains, better cooling, i can go on and on lol..

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Jaxx said:
I thought there wasn't much point to revving any farther due to power dropping off earlier? Well on stock and BPU cars anyways.
No point revving past the 6000s with a BPU. :wtcslap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts