Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that don't know, in order to protest the raising gas prices (95.9 lowest and 107.9 highest per liter) there are semis driving around the mainland at like 10 k and blocking up traffic. First i heard 200 trucks then 600 and the latest is around 1000 semis one by one. Mind you the facts may be different from what i'm saying but this is how it was told to me through the day.

I wasn't effected at all, it actually helped me because as i went to get on the trans Canada, there where no trucks trying to get up the 176st hill that merges on the highway. As i was driving out to abbotsford, the cars where bumper to bumber until the 232nd st exit. i don't know how far that is but i'm guessing from the bridge it's about 35k possibly more.

It's insane! but it makes sence.....
Figure that one out.

it sucks that we are at this point in the gas wars.

·
Eclectic
1,139 Posts
I sympathize for them, but I don't think blocking traffic on a busy Thursday afternoon is such a great idea. It definetly got everyones attention, but only because they were pissed off. The price of gas is getting ridiculous and is rumored to be a dollar forty this summer. I try to limit my driving and driving style and frequently take the bus as an alternative. Everyone has seen the emails going about that tell you to not go to the big gas companies like shell and pretro can. I personally exclusively go to Chevron.
On a good note, I hope that the crazy cost of gasoline will mello out 90% of Vancouver drivers. Maybe I'm just soft from living on the island with all the blue haired grannies puttin about, but drivers here are pretty dumb. Aggressive is one thing, but man are there some shitty drivers out there these days.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
well i can understand them since the gas price is pretty gay right now....6km for a liter is great gas mileage... (shift at 2k rpm, no boost)

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
well, i feel for them too. they dont make much anymore, but with the increasing gas prices, they have to dig into there own pockets to pay for gas. i just hope the cost of gas goes down soon and not up.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
6km per litre good mileage? Thats 17 L / 100 km, our suburban gets that! I drive like an asshole and get 14 L / 100 km in my supe.

oh as for my future gas saving stratedgy - Im gonna dump the supe and get a sw20 mr2!

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
I feel for them as much as I do for anyone else, or anyone one of us for that matter. I don't think blocking city commuter traffic is the answer. They should be interupting the flow of the gas companies traffic if anything. Like that e mail that was going around awhile back saying if all of us in the province could collectively boycott one specific company for one full day it would shock the shit out of their system enough to warrant them having to drop their gas prices.

:rant:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts