Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have some ideas of the best things to get for a bone stock N/A automatic or manual MKIV supra please name the part and the price
Thanks

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i mean more along the lines of preformance parts

·
Registered
185 Posts
NAAAAAAAAAAWZ, two big tanks y0.

:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Sunami Turbo info click here
intake -hks,apexi
cam gears
down pipe
exahust -hks,blitz ,apexi
turbo install sound performance or PHR

as for the Sunami J/K

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ok guys we get the joke (his name) but give some input on what he can do !

if you have an idea.:(

·
5,059 Posts
NA auto, bolt on's don't really yield much gain, saving for a turbo kit is the best as far was performance. Just get an exhaust and afc now.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
T88H turbo, 4" Mid/Downpipe, HKS Hi-Titanium exhaust, HKS 272 Camshafts, HKS camgears, Veilside intake manifold with 100mm throttle body, built bottom end, 4 row intercooler, AEM EMS, bunch other stuff :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bolt-ons do help with the NA auto. With a K&N drop-in filter and a midpipe to delete the second cat, I ran a 15.7 which is .5 faster than a stock NA auto. So don't listen to these people.

Exhaust
Intake (K&N FIPK is your best bet)
Cam Gears
Headers
S-AFC
EGR Bypass
Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
Magnecor or Nology Spark Plug Wires
Ground Wires (HKS or Hyper)
Pulley Kit (Crank okay with the NA motor)
If 5spd, lightened flywheel and Stage 2 clutch
HKS Twin-Power
Stick with the stock Platinum plugs, very good plug
You could deck the head to get some more compression

Those are pretty much all I can think of right now. Thanks and let me know if you need help with any of this. I'd be glad to talk to you on AIM (rwsupra3) or email ([email protected]).

Ryan

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
BS!!!! modifications on the NA auto DO NOT yield any gains...which is why im running a [email protected] in mine. I have 4 basic modifications and then little things.

Intake
Headers
Exhaust
AFC

but i heat wrapped the header and built a full box for the intake, with lid, and took out the plastic pieces to let air flow from outside.

I have a slight exhaust leak, my exhaust is 95 mm, a new version of dynojet runviewer shows me at somewhere around a 20rwtq loss at 2600 rpms. (135rwtq at 2600rpms) and i have a loop on my dyno that i have yet to solve.

when my torque converter locks on the third gear dyno graph, my rpms drop by 20 rpms(its not a smoothe ratio where it locks and just takes over, there is a 20rpm drop), which causes a delay in accelation, before picking up again...and im still running a 15.2 with this problem. i think ill be able to smoothe that problem out with a less rapid drop in the AF ratio and a smaller exhaust making the torque converter have different values before it locks up. ill be into the 14's with that alone, and im adding ligthweight pullies and cam gear on top of that. and i still dont have th EGR or coolant bypass done. with full dolt ons, the NA auto is a mid-high 14 second car and the NA 5 spd, is a low 14 second car.

its just easier to turbo so no one has gone with all boltons, it good tune, and run at the track. by spring time ill have all but the EGR and coolant mod done, and we'll see.

one question, anyone wanna interpret my dyno graph better for me, i cant figure out why there is that disruption and backwards loop around the time of the TQ converter locking up and i need better interpretation.

rwsupra: i ran a 16.29( auto mode) in my NA when i had intake and exhaust, and i was slower than stock then. i think in manu mode a stock NA runs ~15.9 and in auto a 16.1-16.2...no real concrete proof though

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So that's why Brett (Xdreemer) is in the 13's with his NA auto. Ask him...oh and that's without NOS.

Ryan

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
So that's why Brett (Xdreemer) is in the 13's with his NA auto. Ask him...oh and that's without NOS.

Ryan
brett's not in the 13's, hes somewhere around a 14.6 right now. but i cant speak for him. all im saying is that bolt ons will make a difference and i did pull a 15.2 with no very little low end torque and something not right in my dyno graph. download the new version of runviewer and ill send u my files, there is a LOOP in there and im still hitting a 15.2 I dont see any NA auto hitting 13's with just bolt ons, but the NA auto can be a solid mid-high 14 sec car if done right.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
Bolt-ons do help with the NA auto. With a K&N drop-in filter and a midpipe to delete the second cat, I ran a 15.7 which is .5 faster than a stock NA auto. So don't listen to these people.

Magnecor or Nology Spark Plug Wires
Ground Wires (HKS or Hyper)

Ryan
.... Plug wires and ground wires are not going to help gain HP. mabe like 1/3 of a HP. Oh and you can take the "13 sec N/A in the making" off of your sig.... not gonna happen unless you put a v8 in there :) 15.7 to a 13 with bolt ons.. i'd love to see this

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never said bolt-ons. They will be in the factor. Ground wires will help, they did something in one of the magazines and they gained 15hp from a car but I can't remember the car. My car isn't going to be stock to say the least. New head is coming with a port/polish and valve job along with Crower springs and retainers. There is already a guy running 13.9 with a 50 or 75 shot. It can be done. I'm going to laugh at all of you when it's done. Once that is done, I'll be one of a few guys with the stock NA block running 9's.

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brett ran that 14.6 with an exhaust leak I believe and his converter is also screwed. Take those out of the equation and I beat he was there.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 77 Posts