Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a mkiii owner loking to become a mkiv owner. I am looking for a 97-98 6 speed twin turbo targa. I want to find one with low milage and completley stock I know thats hard to do but i have been loking for awhile and today i think i found one.

What I want to know is whats the deal with the quicksilver supras is there anything special other than the color why are they so rare? I found this ad today in the newspaper it reads:

1998 TOYOTA : SUPRA TWIN TURBO
1998 Quicksilver 6-Speed with Black interior. It has only 32K miles. Very rare and hard to find LOW MILEAGE Quicksilver. The car is in immaculate condition. Just like new. Car is 100% Stock. FOR DETAILS,CONTACT ME 32,700 km. $9,500 CAD

I know that that price seems a little bit sketchy its probaly a missprint. What would you guys expect to pay for a car like this?

Also I the car is about a 12 hour drive away from me so I cant go see it unless im going there to buy it so what kind of questions should I ask the guy over the phone? I dont know why anyone would want to part with a machine like this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i dont know how canadian money compares to us money but that seems like a scam to me. i wouldnt do it unless you meet the guy in person. get the vin and run a carfax also. Quicksilvers are usually 40k or more

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
i dont know cad conversion either and im not sure about the amount of quick silvers made but the production #'s on the 98's were low........i think they might be the rarest of the mk4's (1998)

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Scam or mis-print. Canadian money isn't that strong, :rofl:

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
a ~20K mile supra for ~8600 bucks, its a scam. definitely meet the person, dont wire any money. quicksilver are expensive because of how few were made. check out mkiv.com to see the exact amount that were produced. ask the guy for the VIN like Black98tt said. maybe its been in a accident or has a salvage title. just be careful.....

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Ya, this one has *red flag* all over it. In all reality, that car (assuming their description is correct) should sell for something more like $35,000-45,000 CAD. If you could find one for $25,000 CAD, you'd have a deal.

Nothing special about the Quicksilver. Just that they only had that color one year, and made very few of them. Certainly drives the price up over other colors.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
i dont know cad conversion either and im not sure about the amount of quick silvers made but the production #'s on the 98's were low........i think they might be the rarest of the mk4's (1998)
24-6 speed's and 9-auto's on the quicksilver only in 98 but actually the imperial jade mica is the rarest color (again only in 98). Sound's like a scam. I wish I bought my QS for $8600 USD! ;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
well before you even ask any of us, just use your common sense. why would ANYONE sell such car and take such a huge lose? you think ran into luck? come on man, just use ur noggin.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mifesto said:
well before you even ask any of us, just use your common sense. why would ANYONE sell such car and take such a huge lose? you think ran into luck? come on man, just use ur noggin.
Oh, relax there bud I havent been able to get in touch with the guy yet to get the VIN it could be a missprint, that stuff happens sometimes ya know. Why dont you keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread douchebag. :fawk:

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
Oh, relax there bud I havent been able to get in touch with the guy yet to get the VIN it could be a missprint, that stuff happens sometimes ya know. Why dont you keep your comments to yourself if you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread douchebag. :fawk:
I'd wire the money immediately. Most definitely NOT a missprint. Quick do it before you miss out, man. I have this friend who missed out on one like this by hesitating.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
bonz said:
I'd wire the money immediately. Most definitely NOT a missprint. Quick do it before you miss out, man. I have this friend who missed out on one like this by hesitating.
Hold on, so you have a friend- not you but a friend, who turned down a "free" Supra. Where were you when this happened and why tell this guy that? He's gonna check the VIN like anyone else would do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
YourRealDaddy said:
Theres no way you're really this niave.

Send your money, go ahead. 50 bucks says you cant get an appointment to view it in person, because the owner is "overseas"... but I bet theres an email address on the ad.

*edit*
Found it.
[email protected]

Im guessing this is the only possible form of contact with the seller right?
You could call this number, 807-882-2424, but ill bet that you'll never get an answer.

Im in Eastern Canada, and have been looking for an MKIV, and I cant find a NA for half that money.

Click this link.
http://www.mkivforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1877

But dont worry if you miss this one... Theres a whole bunch of em on ebay that you can buy now for under $10K.

·
Registered
442 Posts
InvisibleMonkey said:
i know that i have seen that pic and he was from the US, it was for sale a while ago

THIS IS A SCAM DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY... AS A MATTER OF FACT REPORT HIM TO THE AUTHORITIES IF YOU CAN.

WHY, BECAUSE I TOOK THAT PICTURE AND I WAS IN NH WHEN I DID. I SOLD THAT CAR LAST MONTH AND THE BUYER IS IN THIS FORUM. HE IS FROM COLORADO. I KNOW HE IS NOT SELLING IT.

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT. PLEASE FIND OUT IF YOU CAN REPORT HIM TO THE NEWSPAPER. IF YOU REPORT HIM THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO TRACK THESCUMBAG VIA THE E-MAIL ADDRESS.

Nazar

1 - 20 of 25 Posts