Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 N/A with about 96,xxx miles and am f#%&'n tired of turbo charged eclipses kicking my butt, my blue Supra has a knock off Veilside kit and a K&N thats all. I'm thinking if I take off the rear spoiler and get a Venom Nitrous kit( about 120 shot) I'll leave these fwd cars in the dust. Any comments? The kit is running around 1200-1300 in my area than I have to look for a guy to set it up? Any ideas.

Carlos
P.S it's automatic

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
wat do i think of the venom kit? well, i think i'd much rather get NOS or NX. actually, from the dynos that ive seen NX puts out better #'s than NOS. i think it has to do with their ratings system. seriously tho, i wouldnt even consider venom..... ill probably end up going with the blue bottle.. oh, dont forget the window switch.. and a fuel pump, dont wanna blow/twist/bend anything if ya know wat i mean. or maybe u should go with some basic exhaust modifications first and a high stall torque converter.. i guess that has to do with how much you plan to modify your car and also wat type of budget your on. either way, feel free to ask anymore questions if needed. and make sure to post some pictures after you go wingless (actually while ur at it, post some pix NOW)..

oh and just a hunch, the eclipses that are leaving you in the dust are probably the awd version.. (altho i ran a 98 gsx with basic modifications from 90-130 and i pulled like....5 car lengths..)

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
well i cant vouch for the venom system, i havent really read much into it. I have a duel stage NX kit(150shot) myself i pieced together for about $350, and i havent had any trouble yet, just make sure the car is running right. and know when and when not to spray. Id saY GO FOR IT :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting N/A supras with Nitrous I wonder how they will perform and run!!!!! Have any of you know How? Sounds like a way to go with a N/a to gain some respect in the street Other than the look!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!!1

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK so Venom is not all that great just a big price. You guys are saying I could go with NOS and get the same results? I've hear because Venom is computerized it will shut off when it thinks the engin has "has enough"? NOS doesnt do that....right? And I'm looking to spend about 2,000 (for now) in upgrades this seemed to be the way to go. About me posting my Supra....as you noticed this is my first POST this is due to the fact that I dont know beans about computers (wouldnt know how to post pix) but I'll try and get a friend over so he can show me how to post the pix on a digiCam.

Caros

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey 93MSB,

Where did you get that NX kit especially dual stage? How exactly did you do the 75 shot on top of the 75 shot? Also can you tell me whether or not you know if NOS has a kit like that only ones that i have seen are the direct port 120 shots and like the wet up to like 75-100 shot i believe. Anyway i would like to know how your set up works and what all you need to get movin on a NO2 set up.

Later,

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
ThomsonCharm said:
Hey 93MSB,

Where did you get that NX kit especially dual stage? How exactly did you do the 75 shot on top of the 75 shot? Also can you tell me whether or not you know if NOS has a kit like that only ones that i have seen are the direct port 120 shots and like the wet up to like 75-100 shot i believe. Anyway i would like to know how your set up works and what all you need to get movin on a NO2 set up.

Later,
I got from a forum member (wei yan) NX has a nifty little nozzle with 4 fittings into one fogger nozzle. It uses 4 solenoids instead of just 2. I have the 2 shots activated by 2 rocker switches (located on the 3 black pieces under the stereo) set to a WOT switch(full throttle). if one switch is on and i hit the WOT switch a 75 will spray if i want 150 i just hit the other switch on top of that.

To get a system going all you need is a bottle, lines and fittings, 1 nos and 1 fuel solenoid(if wet, 1 nos if dry), a nozzle, jets, and the wiring/switchs. Thats JUST to get it running.

Im sure NOS has a kit and if not just order another 2 solenoids and another nozzle and jets.

I have a friend here in Waco who wholesales NX kits if you want i can give you his contact info.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from a shop -humbleperformance- they advised me to get NOS, a 120-150 shot. They are asking 1100 to get it and install it, this is the single fogger. But they want 1800 for a direct port 120. I'm thinking the single would be just fine.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I wouldn't run that big of a shot with the single fogger. thats a lot of fuel and nitrous flowing through the intake manifold that won't necessarily flow to all the cylinders evenly. If you are going over 100hp I'd definitely do a direct port.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10 sec na-t, I'll take your advice lets say I go for the 100shot single, what orther suggestions do you have to gain HP?

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
what do you all think about zex s? its 700 installed with a full bottle at my performance shop. I like it because it will only fire at WOT. the new system reads the voltage out put from your throttle positioning senor and "learns" what your voltage is at, at WOT. pretty cool. Its only availbe up to a 75 shot though. My friend has a grand prix GTP and ran 15.0 with out zex then fired a 50 shot and ran a 14.2. not bad results. I wonder what a 75 shot would do? what it be as good as results???

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
i dont like it because its a dry kit, thats the reason its only available up to 75, i NEED more :p

also, you can get any kit to only spray at WOT, all you need is a microswitch and a little more wireing

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Carlos,

Email my friend [email protected] he gets GOOD deals on NX kits. NX makes a good kit, i have had no problems at all with mine, he can get you a basic kit between 450-500 which includes a bottle, lines and fittings, solenoids, nozzle, and jets. i may be leaving out a few things, and whatever else you need/want he can get.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mazx6 said:
My friend has a grand prix GTP and ran 15.0 with out zex then fired a 50 shot and ran a 14.2. not bad results. I wonder what a 75 shot would do? what it be as good as results???
ummm yeah a 75 shot will have even better results than a 50 shot....hard to believe isnt it?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
93msb,

Thanks I just e-mailed the guy. Did he hook up your kit or did you do that yourself. You havent has proplems with it? Where is this guy located, I'm in Tulsa,OK.

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
ummm yeah a 75 shot will have even better results than a 50 shot....hard to believe isnt it?

ok smart ass i ment i wonder if i would see low 14s out of a 50 shot and if i did i wonder what a 75shot would do. humm... i never knew 75 was more than 50..... sure, ok

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does either the NX or NOS systems hurt ur system less? I mean I know they both will run your engines out faster then w/o nos, but I was wondering if one was better. Just lmk
thanks!

Rob~

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Carlos said:
93msb,

Thanks I just e-mailed the guy. Did he hook up your kit or did you do that yourself. You havent has proplems with it? Where is this guy located, I'm in Tulsa,OK.
No i pieced mine together using used parts, its not the brightest idea but if you can get good parts its alright. No i havent had any problems with it. He is in Waco, TX not too terebly far from OK

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
Nitrous runs good-sure, but don't be too embarassed losing to turbo eclipses-unless they're stock. I work with a tech rep who has money to burn & his eclipse dyno'ed @ 280! One thing though, I see old mkii's, iii's- think we'll see old overdone Hondas & the like yeares from now?:eek:
Just a little food for thought! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK Ok your right about the supra looks/reliabalty but I want speed. And I either plan on selling it (get a TT) eventually or converting it to a TT in a few years. After I graduate from college/If I graduate-that is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts