Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Looks good and good price but really hard for me to buy something without any feedback from someone who has tried it.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That second link is kinda mis-leading. Says that the shifter works on "ALL 93-98 models"...when you know it won't work in a 5-spd!

No matter here....I just ordered the TRD SS for my 5-spd about a week ago...

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
There was a 5 speed Supra made? Since when? ;-)

It clearly says in the lower portion of the page

93 Toyota Supra 6 speed

94 Toyota Supra 6 speed

95 Toyota Supra 6 speed

96 Toyota Supra 6 speed

97 Toyota Supra 6 speed

98 Toyota Supra 6 speed

Anyways, the seller says it comes with a 30-day warranty, so just try it out. If its crap....its crap.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
That second link is kinda mis-leading. Says that the shifter works on "ALL 93-98 models"...when you know it won't work in a 5-spd!

The second link states...

"100% Guaranteed Brand New
THIS PERFORMANCE SHORT SHIFTER IS FOR
93-98 TOYOTA SUPRA ALL MODELS (JZA80)"

It isn't until the bottom cover of a pic where it states it's for a "93-98 6-spd"

I guess my supra is rare with that 5-spd...musta been a "special dealer" option....lol

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
WhiteBlazze said:
The second link states...

"100% Guaranteed Brand New
THIS PERFORMANCE SHORT SHIFTER IS FOR
93-98 TOYOTA SUPRA ALL MODELS (JZA80)"

It isn't until the bottom cover of a pic where it states it's for a "93-98 6-spd"

I guess my supra is rare with that 5-spd...musta been a "special dealer" option....lol
How is the auction misleading, if it is listed on his page that it works for all 6speeds? I guess its misleading for people who don't read.....why am i even arguing over this? I dont even care :dunno:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Not trying to argue...just point out that if you dont look at the picture and read the words in the auction, where does it say its for a 6spd transmission?

I know it won't work with a 5-spd by looking at the shifter, but to some moron out on ebay might think differently.

I have seen spark-plug covers stated that they fit on TT and NA engines....when they can not. The NA covers are 2 pieces where the TT's are 1 piece. Ebay can be very sketchy and people need to use a lot of caution and common sense when biddin on items.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MANI009 said:
Looks good and good price but really hard for me to buy something without any feedback from someone who has tried it.
That's what I'm thinking.....

Anybody tried'em yet ..??

·
11,219 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts