Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about my stripped sawblades and molding replacement?

FYI! I plan to paint the car black or super red ii again since this is really faded
NO COMMENTS ON ME! :stickpoke

:hug:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
what the hell is growing from the top of your thumb?

couple of things:

1. the stripped saw-blades are great. they definately give the car a more cleaner/newer look. i want to see what the 91'-92' 5-stars look like stripped one of these days.

2. the replacement molding which you used to replace the old for some reason.... is it flat black with chrome stripped edges? honestly, i think it looks like crap, IMO.

you didn't even replace all of the molding around the entire car. the "new" molding and the stock molding definately do not match, at all. why didn't you replace with "stock" molding???

that said, the rest of the car looks great!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
CtSupra said:
what the hell is growing from the top of your thumb?
rofl i was about to say that.

edit- with a closer look it looks like a shadow or something i dunno maybe its a really long thumb nail?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha... yes its a shadow from my bushy hair soon to be gone. For the molding yes its flat. I havn't got the time to replace all the molding and the hard part would be replacing the molding with those side lights there. I'll have to measure and cut them. "No Time" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
ok, as long as your going to do the rest of the car, but why not just redo it in stock trim? you don't like it?

i hear you about not having anytime to do anything.

if the car was black and you trimmed the entire car with the black molding you would have 2 chrome strips, an inch apart, going around the entire car. i think that would stand out like a mofo and look ridiculous. now, if it was just black it would look ok. this is just my opinion, though.

it would just remind me of that god awful chrome door stripping they have for cars. people get entirely too carried away with that stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts