Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some bronze Volk TE37's. I'm wondering what you would use to clean it. I don't want to use the wrong detergent or cleaner and chip or eat away at the paint.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Just try soak and water first.. it is the least agressive as all the other cleaners.. by the way the new wheels make your car look 10000000x better bro.. keep up the good work.. hold it down for us Jersey boys!

·
11,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used soap and water, but it ain't getting much of the dirt off. I tried using some "foamy wheel cleaner" shit at Autozone. It left like bubble marks on my wheels when it dries up.

I'll try that Meguiar's stuff. The reason I ask what type of cleaner you use is that I don't want the bronze paint to be ruined.

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I used soap and water, but it ain't getting much of the dirt off. I tried using some "foamy wheel cleaner" shit at Autozone. It left like bubble marks on my wheels when it dries up.

I'll try that Meguiar's stuff. The reason I ask what type of cleaner you use is that I don't want the bronze paint to be ruined.
You should dry the wheels along with the car.. I have two Absorbers -one for the body/one for the wheels.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Dont let any of that wheel cleaner dry on the wheels... that stuff is hardcore... I use Griot's Garage...

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
michaelvanle said:

If it hasnt hurt my gunmetal Volk finish, it shoud also be fine on your bronze. Let us know how it goes :)

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Try a clay bar if you have an old one laying around.. if not try the wheel cleaner made by a company called Detailer's Pride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts