Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to ride or drive a high HP monster of a mkiv?

the most powerful car i've ever been in/driven is an '03 mach 1 mustang. it did a good job of jerking me around, but i just can't quite comprehend the forces of 500-900hp cars.

can someone elaborate for me? :eek:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
ive ridden in one, man i dont know how to explain it, um, think of a quick car in first gear, then imagine accelerating that fast in 6th gear at 140 mph. just endless power. people just dissapear when you floor it, and boost comes on... yea its a turn on

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
well, hmmmmm ill explain more, cause its that cool. i rode in this supra http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/1994/beget,justin/justinbeget.htm
So it gets attention wherever it goes. people stare on the freeway, then he floors it, and you get almost a tunnel vision thing. i couldent stop laughing. its wierd though, for me, 480 hp didnt feel a WHOLE lot differant then 750.. but i'd have to say the sound is the most sexual thing i have ever heard. you can hear the engine just pushing as hard as it can, and the turbo just wooshing... it sounds like the best bike you have ever heard, times 2. its just the most fun thing i have ever done. ill be at 400 to 430 hp this christmas, and i cant wait. i guess the only bad thing, is no car can keep up, races are pointless. laborgini ferrari, porshe, viper, they are all no match. nothing can keep up... although that is a kinda cool thing to know.....

·
Super Moderator
10,364 Posts
.....like your car is trying to head-butt the horizon.....

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Sound Performance said:
The best part is launching our car on the trans brake, 20 psi of boost, NOS and on the slicks.....

0-60mph in under 2 seconds!!
good lord...that is fassssttt

man I remember in the Air force

B-1b bomber launch.

4 30,000 lbs of thrust engines at full after burner

at initial launch it is slow it don't do nothing. But past 50 knots that thing PLANTS you to your seat and it don't let off until cruise altitude :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ckanderson said:
ive ridden in one, man i dont know how to explain it, um, think of a quick car in first gear, then imagine accelerating that fast in 6th gear at 140 mph. just endless power. people just dissapear when you floor it, and boost comes on... yea its a turn on
man i can't wait... :D

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
just rediculous, and the sad thing is that you will always want more for a bigger rush:)

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'd give anything to have that kind of power at my foot.

i drive a shitty golf with a whopping 105hp :rolleyes:

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
Somewhat off base.
I used to work on the Grim Reeper Funny Car crew. At the time it ran 6.0's at 240mph. Our driver, Larry Reep, described it the best. "It's like taking a cocked, loaded pistol and putting it next to your ear. You know that every time you pull the trigger, what's about to happen. For an initial second it'll scare the fuck out of you, but boy then it's a thrill ride".

1 - 20 of 43 Posts