Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just picked up a new Z06 and has already installed headers, intake, cams and an exhaust. He is calling me out and I need to know if I need C16 to beat him? How can these cars trap 127mph stock with only 500hp? My car has a 74DBB, fuel, HKS 264's, AEM, Full 4" exhaust. Pretty much the same setup as braddman. Do he stand a chance or will I rape him?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
How can these cars trap 127mph stock with only 500hp?
Very light, huge power band, and great gearing. I haven't bothered looking up what they have been trapping with full bolt ons and a cam though (I think they're past 600whp at this point). I would think the car would be well into the 130s. Has anyone seen any times for this setup?

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
If I were you I would go with race fuel, just make sure you have a good tune. And some good tires help.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,562 Posts
CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS CAMS! Bah, it's almost as bad as "Camero." Haha, that reminds of some dudes screen name on a board, "Not_Camero"

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
My buddy just picked up a new Z06 and has already installed headers, intake, cams and an exhaust. He is calling me out and I need to know if I need C16 to beat him? How can these cars trap 127mph stock with only 500hp? My car has a 74DBB, fuel, HKS 264's, AEM, Full 4" exhaust. Pretty much the same setup as braddman. Do he stand a chance or will I rape him?
If you have the same setup as Braddman then you should be racing Veyron's not Z06's!

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He will be the new king of the streets. I just found out he bought a Vortech supercharger kit and is building the bottom end. He says the car will be good for 880whp on pump :( He is dealing with a shop called LG motorsports.

·
Banned
497 Posts
He will be the new king of the streets. I just found out he bought a Vortech supercharger kit and is building the bottom end. He says the car will be good for 880whp on pump :( He is dealing with a shop called LG motorsports.
LG has the highs N/A LS7 as 638RWHP whcih includes headers, cam, polished stock heads and filter. They are getting CRAZY power on low boost w/ the blower. :yup:

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
You're going down Pete. Justin+32 psi and you might stand a chance. ;)

Is that Avo's new car? I want to check it out!!

-Olivier

·
Registered
886 Posts
ewww man, you buddy got in the the right people. LG is throwing down some pretty crazy effective mods on C6 Z06's. They are definitely one of the top shops out there.

First of all, do you know what your car runs? ET and trap? Are you guys running from a stop or roll?

With the mods you stated, he can be making anywhere from 550-600RWHP as an estimate. Taking that in to account I would estimate around ~135mph trap speed if hes a good driver. ET would depend on a lot of other factors.

·
Super Moderator
10,585 Posts
You're going down Pete. Justin+32 psi and you might stand a chance. ;)-Olivier
I agree with this. If your set-up was optimized and you were on C16, you could give him hell but, from your posts, I've never gotten the sense your car has performed as it should. Your friend is very serious with LG. I wouldn't race him unless you are too.

Ken.

P.S. Don't even think about going to the party with anything less than C16 and running your "kill mode" map if you have one.

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
I agree with this. If your set-up was optimized and you were on C16, you could give him hell but, from your posts, I've never gotten the sense your car has performed as it should. Your friend is very serious with LG. I wouldn't race him unless you are too.

Ken.

P.S. Don't even think about going to the party with anything less than C16 and running your "kill mode" map if you have one.
Agreed. I say get your setup tuned for maximum performance and take his ass down. I think he'll still be able to beat you since he'll be putting down more power. Time to change that turbo you have or get your shit built.

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
If you have the same setup as Braddman then you should be racing Veyron's not Z06's!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

From a 150 roll in the rain.

Cheers,

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
I would think a Vette like you describe would be a ~135 MPH car in the 1/4. Your car should be good for 145+ MPH if your setup is anything like mine. I would go on race gas whether you think you need it or not and run him on kill mode. This way even if you lose you know you gave it your best.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts