Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Well just woundering what my turbo timer does on my n.a 95 supra.
I know it keeps the engine on for a bit...but what else does it do.
Can i do any damage with it...?
Pretty sure its a apexi...... anyone got the manual for it?
Cheers. PeTe

·
Registered
706 Posts
2QiK2C said:
Hey,
Well just woundering what my turbo timer does on my n.a 95 supra.
I know it keeps the engine on for a bit...but what else does it do.
Can i do any damage with it...?
Pretty sure its a apexi...... anyone got the manual for it?
Cheers. PeTe
you sir.... are a dumb ass :(

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Lets not be assholes guys, he came on here asking a simple question. No need to flame. It lets you build boost while at idle, up to 11#s, so that the next time you turn your car on, its a lot stronger.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oh My God That Is Absolutely The Most Serious Mannered Rice Thing I Have Ever Heard On Supraforums.com And Now Ask For A Banning On The Person Who Wrote That Because They Do Not Deserve To Own The Car They Have Raped Of It's Integrity

·
Registered
386 Posts
In all seriousness though, you must be joking right? It says in your Profile you don't have a car yet and I know 13 year olds who know that a "Turbo Timer" would belong on a "TURBO" vehicle and not a NA (NATURALLY ASPIRATED as in no turbo). Your timer gives the turbo time to cool down as well as the oil running through it. It cools down at idle speed so the timer allows your car to run after you have removed the key and can leave the car. Anyways you might try searching for things before you speak from now on b/c it is obvious you know nothing about cars.

Chris

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
actually
I heard of people getting turbo timers for their cars as a tehft deterent
If you set the turbo timer to be detachable, the engine cannot be ran without the modual just like a Fuel controller therefore noone can get away with your car unless you... I know but its up to you guys to find out ... anyways stop being so hastey there are reasons for everything.... and I myself after a hard run up in the mountains cruise alil after or sit and idle my car just to let it cool down alittle bit.... what does that hurt.... waste of fuel?.... alright make it up by not passing 4 k rpms at the next light.... you guys should try to be a little curteous, because unlike you "cool" guys not many people come into the car scene with the ""knowledge"" that you guys possess. Besides... there are turbo timers that specifically say for NA and Turbo, and if I am not mistaken, it was in a Sport Compact Car Issue way back talking about road racing that stated after a hard run at roadcourses you should :
1. never put your parking brake up after the run
2. Let your car idle even if its NA

Also... why do you guys think they have a victory lap ( aka cool down lap).... jeezus squeezus... not all of us are gonna be running out to buy turbo timers for our NA's , but some people might and for maybe proper reason.... so give a lil slack my friends the world isn;t going to end

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah you can run timers on an na... but they have limited use to limited people... like people who like racing their na's on a track course... idling an na can let the engine flow the coolant around to transfer the heat from the engine...

·
merrrrrrr
954 Posts
vvtisupra said:
actually
I heard of people getting turbo timers for their cars as a tehft deterent
If you set the turbo timer to be detachable, the engine cannot be ran without the modual just like a Fuel controller therefore noone can get away with your car unless you... I know but its up to you guys to find out ... anyways stop being so hastey there are reasons for everything.... and I myself after a hard run up in the mountains cruise alil after or sit and idle my car just to let it cool down alittle bit.... what does that hurt.... waste of fuel?.... alright make it up by not passing 4 k rpms at the next light.... you guys should try to be a little curteous, because unlike you "cool" guys not many people come into the car scene with the ""knowledge"" that you guys possess. Besides... there are turbo timers that specifically say for NA and Turbo, and if I am not mistaken, it was in a Sport Compact Car Issue way back talking about road racing that stated after a hard run at roadcourses you should :
1. never put your parking brake up after the run
2. Let your car idle even if its NA

Also... why do you guys think they have a victory lap ( aka cool down lap).... jeezus squeezus... not all of us are gonna be running out to buy turbo timers for our NA's , but some people might and for maybe proper reason.... so give a lil slack my friends the world isn;t going to end
100% agreed..... u sure shut everyone up and for that your my hero for the rest of the day hahahaha very well said

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eerrrr did i put it on the car.....no
did i buy it on the car yes....
Am i ment to know everything....no
How did you find out what it does?
Just a question.... dont need options....
Thanks to the ppl that did help

By the way the turbo timer says on it its for na and turbo engines.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you're not alone mate: i have a a'pexi auto timer and it says its for na and turbo'd engines :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea my friend has one on his NA 2000 celica, no need to get mad at him, he did say that he bought it that way, and i belive on the timer it does not say turbo timer, it says auto timer! so it was a decent question for a new person to the forums. It really does nothing for NA's but hey i guess you could fool some people with it lol when you get out of the car and it still runs, they will think you got the turbo model supra, maybe you bought your car from a ricer and thats what they wanted that effect for.... or maybe like someone else said, it was just a safety precaution??? whatever it is, hey at least it was free, and if you dont like it, then uninstall it and sell it!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It keeps people away from your car since it has the counting down and blinking appearance of a bomb!

HAHAHHAHAHA

i hate trolls!!!!

·
merrrrrrr
954 Posts
supra4me said:
Oh My God That Is Absolutely The Most Serious Mannered Rice Thing I Have Ever Heard On Supraforums.com And Now Ask For A Banning On The Person Who Wrote That Because They Do Not Deserve To Own The Car They Have Raped Of It's Integrity
:urowned: haha by vvti-supra

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah my Apexi turbo timer also says fro N/A and Turbo
and I've seen alot of people using turbo timers for their cars, especially on the track days... because they want the car to cool down properly when they have to elave the pit to see their friend doing the next session... very easy to understand.. don't be dick guys... you were asking the same kind of stupid question when you started...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uh, no, I don't think I was asking "what does the jet engine shutoff do on my non-jet-engine-powered car"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
reflexx said:
Uh, no, I don't think I was asking "what does the jet engine shutoff do on my non-jet-engine-powered car"
considering that the turbo timer just keeps the engine running and both cars have an engine you make no sense.

edit- and its good for any engine to let it cool before shutting it down as well

1 - 20 of 29 Posts