Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what this is meant to connect to. I just finished replacing my headgasket and with everything plugged in but this and the car wont start. It cranks over fine and has fired a few times but it wont start.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think that goes to the cold start injector located under the intake manifold.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it doesnt throw any codes and I'm pretty sure the cold start injector is already hooked up. All the emissions stuff was removed by the previous owner so I suppose it may not even get hooked up to anything. I'm thinking my cps is why the car isnt starting. I've got fuel pressure, cylinder compression, I just havent tested for spark.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Xofxtimex said:
I think it connects to one of the VSVs underneath the intake manifold. I believe theres two of them and they look like this ( http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/ec/EC_18.html ) 3rd and 4th picture. Look underneath there for anything resembling that. Maybe an injector clip? :dunno: But get back to us. Good luck. :bigthumb:

This man is right. The cold start injector plug is usually Black and has a metal bracing around the clip to secure it around the CSI.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
supra8795 said:
I think that goes to the cold start injector located under the intake manifold.
+1 I just unplugged that yesterday for my friends HG job

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would normally run down between the runners and go to the egr vsv. If you don't need egr for emissions don't worry about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies, I got it running. Turns out it was that damn CPS wiring, I think i'm always gonna have problems with that thing. That plug must be for the EGR VSV that a few had suggested, and I must not have that on my car anymore. I bought this car from DaveH(of NA-T fame) and he removed a lot of horsepower robbing stuff. And I did get that vacuum connector plugged.

Thanks again

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
I vote for VSV also

1 - 15 of 15 Posts