Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
It looks like someone installed a clamp instead of doing the spring mod to the wastegate actuator. You def need a BCC. I'd also perform a vacuum/boost leak test to see if you have an boost leaks.

Steve

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
The clamp just helps hold the waste gates so the engine will make more boost. Yes, this will cause your car to run more boost all of the time. When it gets colder you’ll definitely hit boost cut without the BCC. I don’t know much about JDM stuff. I’m not sure how the ECU will respond to more boost. US spec have a MAF so you don’t have to worry about it.

For the boost leak test, you need a boost leak checker, which you can purchase at several vendors. You’ll basically install it on the intake to the turbos and use an air compressor to pressurize the entire system and listen for leaks. You may need to block off the valve covers and the crossover between the valve covers when you do this.

I wouldn’t run more than 17-18 psi on 93. If you use a high quality fuel you’ll have full timing and make the most power.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts