Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled the twins off last night and noticed a small tube near the back of the engine block down next to the oil supply line for the rear turbo. It didn't have anything connected to it. I thought maybe it's a block drain but wasn't sure. Any one shed some light for me???

·
Registered
963 Posts
i believe its a coolant nut.

I opened it up a couple weeks ago and i got coolant out of it.

The coolant was old stuff too. I drained and filled with toyota red, and when i opened the nut, the cheap green coolant came out.

correct me if im wrong

Sorry i was referring to the nut. I dont think my car has that nipple there, maybe its on certain years

·
Registered
963 Posts
hey chriso, can you do me a favour. Could you take a picture of your intake manifold and throttle body.

im tryin to figure out what vaccum source i can use for my wastegate. but i need a picture so someone can tell me which exact one

·
Something cool
670 Posts
water... you need to close it off... I put a vaccum cap thingy there.. Doesn't your turbo have a place to pull vacum on the compressor? if not there's one on the intake manifold, that will do....

·
Registered
963 Posts
when you drain the block, is there anything that should be done before startup, other than re-filling up the coolant.

it was the first time i drained teh block, just wanna make sure i dont go and screw something up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts