Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm doing a 2jz swap into my 88 chrysler conquest and I have no need to use the a/c and would like to eliminate it. I've looked in auto parts website to see if they would have something like non a/c belts but didn't see any. I'm sure you guys done this. Please help me out here. Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would use the search but there isn't any so if this the reason if it been talked but I can't use the search. Would really help me here. Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm using the power steering too I'm customizing the lines to make it work. So I will be using everything the A/C. It is a JDM motor I know the water pump is different and going to get a usdm water pump.

I check on the NAPA part # and its the same length as a stock one would be for having with the A/C but I have check some more and found something like a 96 GMC sonoma with a 2.2L engine and the length is 65" vs. the stock 75". I'm just gonna have to wait til I have the engine all back together and measure it out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That is the same belt I am using and I have no A/C(no compressor pulley) but I still have the ps pulley in there.
If your motor has the drive belt dampner bracket, it will need to be machined. in order to bypass the compressor pulley. If you need pics I can get them for you. no prob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the same belt I am using and I have no A/C(no compressor pulley) but I still have the ps pulley in there.
If your motor has the drive belt tensioner bracket, it will need to be machined. in order to bypass the compressor pulley. If you need pics I can get them for you. no prob.
Yes please. If you can post it on here or just send pics to [email protected]. Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I will post it.
I wouldve already but my friend has my digi. camera.
I should have it back late tonight or tomarrow.

·
Registered
452 Posts
how important is the drive belt tensioner? Maybe with the shorter belt it's not as much of a problem? I'm planning on running without it

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
the tensioner is important, now the dampner I dont know if you can get away or not using one. IDK

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

here I hope you can see how to cut the bracket.
as you can see it bypasses the compressor pulley. But I had a friend take it to his grandfathers machine shop, so I got lucky.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts