Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pick up an E-Manage + E-01, what harness's should I get with it?

I'm getting Injector, and Ignition, and obviously the E-01 controls the e-man so i'm good there, anything else?

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
What else is there? Just get a usb a/b cable and you dont need anything else.
I think the Emanage uses a special cable. There is a Yahoo emanage group and there is a guy that sells them on there really cheap. I was looking at doin this before I bought my AEM.

Unless you're running aditional injectors with it, you don't need the injector harness. I'm not so sure the ignition harness will work with our cars either. Go hang out on that yahoo group for a while. Some pretty cool peeps up in there. They know some shit.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
Not true Sammy. The injector harness allows you to tune the injector map. The additional injector harness isn't really needed. The a/b usb cable allows the emanage to be tuned through the e01 booost controller. It is awsome and a very good way to tune without haveing to buy a special cable and tune with a laptop. You can tune on the fly and in real time with just the a/b cable. BTW the ignition cable works too howver it only seems to allow you to retard or advance timeing not both at the same time though.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
ahh... I thought you were refering to the laptop cable

it's cool to know that this thing is that versitile. It really is the closes thing you can get to a standalone without one. I've got an other project I've been working on, I just might go with the emanage on that thing, no doubt it's a good product.

If the ignition cable works on the 7M ignigtor, than this solves the issue of changine fuel via a piggy back and the ECU giving poor timing because it thinks there's less/more load. This could be good for a pretty decent amount of horsepower on people who need to adjust fuel on thier piggy back more than a few %

·
5,905 Posts
Not sure what you mean by this zazzn. The e01 comes with pressure sensor, and the vpc comes with presure sensor. If spliced in between the vpc useing the emanage to clean up vpc signal I am not sure that harness is needed. I sure didn't use it. Is that going to make a diference? I thought the pressure sensor harness was needed only inf the eo1 wasn't in the mix, and if the e01 was being used it was fine.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QWIKSTRIKE said:
I thought the pressure sensor harness was needed only inf the eo1 wasn't in the mix, and if the e01 was being used it was fine.

That's what I thought to, I was going to read a little bit more on the matter...

·
5,905 Posts
I don't think you need this harness as long as you get the e01. I for sure am not useing this. I think Iwill call greddy to confirm this myself.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Not sure what you mean by this zazzn. The e01 comes with pressure sensor, and the vpc comes with presure sensor. If spliced in between the vpc useing the emanage to clean up vpc signal I am not sure that harness is needed. I sure didn't use it. Is that going to make a diference? I thought the pressure sensor harness was needed only inf the eo1 wasn't in the mix, and if the e01 was being used it was fine.
Huh?

If he wants the emanage to know how much boost there is or anything based on the pressure sensor he must have the harness that connets the emanage to the e01

I had to buy one from CKanderson for my setup.

·
5,905 Posts
Not true there Zazzn. I just got off the phone with a greddy tech and he said this is not needed because you can tune useing the afm. If you want you can also tune by reading off of the emanage pressure sensor then this would be needed, but isn't really nescressary!

Greddy Tech support # (949) 588-8300

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I read somewhere that the benifit of the boost sensor is that you can have a map that is rpm x boost opposed to the stock setting of rpm x throttle position.

In order to allow the emanage to read manifold pressure (boost) I'd need the harness, not just the a-b USB cable that connects the e-01 to the E-Manage, right?

Edit: Ok, It looks like this is what I need http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/profec_e-01_photos/DSC05799.JPG in order to have the e-man read boost

·
5,905 Posts
Greddy Pressure Sensor – This is a 3-bar air pressure sensor add-on.
With it, you can tune your fuel maps with this sensor's output as the
basis for tuning instead of the car's airflow signal input. This is
primarily used when you've overrun the capacity of the stock airflow
meter. Whether or not you need this is a tough question – it's really
best to run the car without it first and see if you're maxing out the
stock airflow meter signal before investing in the pressure sensor.
Retail price of the sensor is $120, with a street price closer to $100.
NOTE – the peak/hold/warning Greddy boost gauge uses the SAME sensor,
so you can share that sensor's output with the E-manage.

The best setup to start with is the main E-manage computer and the
Support Tool. Next would be the injector harness, then the ignition
harness, then the pressure sensor. If you need control over ignition
timing as a priority, you might want to look into the ignition harness
first over the injection harness, or do the trick below to use parts of
the ignition harness as the injection harness. Regardless, the
pressure sensor is probably lowest on the priority chart - it's moreso
something you get when you know you're overrunning the stock airflow
measuring device. It might be more of a priority if you have a non-
turbo car with a turbo kit and the stock pressure sensor for the car
doesn't read boost pressure. Again, it really comes down to what
you've done to the car, what you're planning to do, and what you want
from the E-manage.

7. Tuning and Using the E-manage

One big source of confusion on the E-manage is its ability to let you
use different airflow meters. While this can be done, there are some
limitations and rules to play by.

First off, you can only change an airflow meter for another meter of
similar type. For example, if you have a hotwire airflow meter, you
can use ANY hotwire airflow meter, even if it's from another
manufacturer. The software/firmware only has Japanese airflow meters
listed - US AFM's could be used in theory, but you'd have to find its
Japanese equivalent. Anyhow, if you have a flap-type airflow meter,
you can only use another flap-type; if you have a Karmann, you can only
use another Karmann.

This option might be helpful for Subaru owners who have had problems
with less-than-durable airflow meters - might be able to swap to a
Nissan unit, or even another Subaru unit that's hardier. It's also an
easy way to upgrade - Nissan has 80 and 90mm airflow meters!

Second, you can't get rid of the airflow meter and use a MAP sensor.
Even if you add the optional Greddy pressure sensor, you must still
have an airflow meter in the system. The Greddy pressure sensor simply
adds another basis for your fuel maps in the E-manage - you can use it
to tune your fuel maps instead of the input from the airflow meter
(very useful if your airflow meter has run out of range), but that's
all internal to the E-manage.

·
5,905 Posts
"I read somewhere that the benifit of the boost sensor is that you can have a map that is rpm x boost opposed to the stock setting of rpm x throttle position."

This is if you are setting the boost controller programming not the emanage. It allows you to program the boost controller to come in at different rpms of bosst settings to off seeting haveing too much boost st a low rpm it can be programmed to come in at different rpm ranges

1 - 17 of 17 Posts