Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im starting to build my esp car and im having issues interpreting the rule book on what exactly is legal in scca solo 2 stree prepared. i know i am allowed to run a fuel cut defuser but it also says fuel managment is allowed so can i run matf pro any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Induction, engine management, and boost levels are free in SP, though boost hardware (turbo(s), wastegate(s), etc.) are not.

HERE is a link to the 2006 solo rules, for further info check chapter 15.

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
I was getting ready to ask the same question the the local auto-x board. While the MAFTPRO is allowed (in AFC mode) I'm not sure about it's use when removing the AFM.
I have mine installed in AFC mode but don't want to pull much fuel without the timing monitor (only avail. in Speed density mode) due to the techtom timing program.
I would think this applies under engine management which I'd imagine include swapping meters and sensors (input to engine) but I haven't been involved in Scca long enough to know where you can assume and can not.
Brian

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so basically i can just run a afc to watch things at the higher boost levels ok thats what i needed to know.

for reference expect to see me at the end of next season with a full prepared and test and tuned ESP MK3 supra ready to go to nationals

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
I'm going to want to check that out indeed. I know I'm no where near ready for national competition but I'm hoping to make an event on the ProSolo tour next year since the format looks like alot of fun. Locally we've had quite a few folks placing 1st-4th in ASP, STS, CS and STX and they're all much faster than me.

I was talking about the switch to speed density with another more seasoned SP class driver. I think this counts as engine management as you're modifying fuel/air signals and changing intake items, all allowed by SP rules.

·
Registered
25 Posts
prsrcokr said:
I was talking about the switch to speed density with another more seasoned SP class driver. I think this counts as engine management as you're modifying fuel/air signals and changing intake items, all allowed by SP rules.
I'd agree with him. Engine management, fuel injection and intake are free and it should fall under those. You might want to read up on some of the threads over at the sccaforum's SP area: http://sccaforums.com/forums/29/ShowForum.aspx

-Aaron G>
95 TT BSP(barely)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts