Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, guys, I've got Tein HA coilovers, TRD sway bars, TRD FTB, Cusco RTB, and just got the Lance alignment. (The front tires rub at wheel lock so I've got to deal with that. I think it's the +5 caster with the bigger tires causing it. For now, I'm just not going anywhere I need to fully turn the wheels until I fix that.)

While the car handles 100% better than when I got it, I'm still feel it is not as tight responsively as I would like. Is there anything else can I do to tighten up the handling without spending a fortune?

Maybe I'm just being too picky? :dunno:

Any ideas?

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those suggestions! As for adjusting the ride height that's a PITA to do really but I'm game if it would really help. But I'm about as low as I can go with the crappy roads around here.

I'm thinking it is more the feel of the power steering that I don't like. Is there a way to fiddle with the amount of assist one gets from the power steering (without just disengaging it)? Maybe that's a stupid idea but I'm thinking that is what I'd like to do.

As for weight reduction, I could work on that but my car is just a driver's car not a race car. I'm not wanting to strip it down a whole lot. How much weight do I need to lose see a noticeable improvement in the tightness of the handling?

Am I just asking for too much in one package?

·
dank
409 Posts
SilkE said:
Am I just asking for too much in one package?
Absolutely not. Get ahold of Mani J, Andi B or any of the other track buffs on the forums. I'm sure they could lead you in the right direction. :)

R

·
0 Posts
I don't know if this help but I was told that the Tien Ha set is great for racing but ok for daily use. Someone told me the Cusco coil over set is better for daily use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts