Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really sucks. I popped my hood and there was a little bit of coolant sprayed around and I could hear pressure leaking from the top of the radiator. I put my finger over it and found that the hole is just a couple pinholes big(right at the top of the radiator). I have checked the coolant resovior and there is pleanty of coolant left. THis is a very slow leak but it is very anoying. Is this fixable......or do I have to buy a new radiator. Does this kinda crap just happen or was this sabatoge? =) I have a 94TT BPU 6spd with almost 100k miles on it. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
658 Posts
you have a 7 year old sports car with ~ 400 hp at the crank shaft. The cars are reliable BUT it is not a a camray and shit is going to break. Deal with it.

·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize that stuff is going to go wrong with my car and I know it is 7 years old and I'm am dealing with it........why else would I be looking for an answer on supra forums? What the hell kinda useless responce was that? Thanks for nothin.
Anyways, i was looking for help...not trying to complain. But hear is the answer I was looking for incase anyone else has the same problem.
Go to an auto parts store and buy J & B weild. It is a two part mix that seals radiator leaks very well.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I would suggest getting another one. Since we cant see the damage take it to a radiator shop. They will knowif u can get it repaired or not. I would suggest getting the Fluidyne one. IT's better and cheaper than the stock one.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
true and i also suggest getting the Fluidyne !
toypro said:
whatever you do DO NOT PUT any type of STOP LEAK in your car. JB weld looks like shit but will work-as long as you let it dry and don't start the car until it is dry

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
I'll sell you my old used 6 speed 93 radiator cheaply. Off a 93, 6 speed with about 92k on the clock.

-Mike

boostedsupratt said:
This really sucks. I popped my hood and there was a little bit of coolant sprayed around and I could hear pressure leaking from the top of the radiator. I put my finger over it and found that the hole is just a couple pinholes big(right at the top of the radiator). I have checked the coolant resovior and there is pleanty of coolant left. THis is a very slow leak but it is very anoying. Is this fixable......or do I have to buy a new radiator. Does this kinda crap just happen or was this sabatoge? =) I have a 94TT BPU 6spd with almost 100k miles on it. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yep, just look at it as an opportunity, or excuse to put a nice-ass fluidyne in there. I think you can get them for just over $420 from absoluteradiator.com
Only consider the JB for holding out until the new rad comes in :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
:D The next thing that could happen is your engine might blow. :D
Just kidding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts