Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at the base kit off nonturbo.com for 1875. once i buy this, exactly what else will i need?. im gonna go with the TT stock intercooler...what intercooler pipes will i need to plumb this? will i have to get them custom made? i plan on getting the apexi AFC and a boost guage/controller. this good? bad? i was also thinking of an air/fuel guage...do you need one if you have the AFC though? does it just allow to check the ratio easier, like at a glance? please explain what else i will need for the conversion, thanks for your help

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
wideband = cool

AF gauge = not cool

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
You should make a list of all the parts. You can check out my list 1 or 2 pages back... under "NA-T kit going in next week!" what year? auto? stick? Put a list and ppl can help you fill in the blanks.

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this if for a 95 5 speed, 84K

1) nonturbo.com base kit,includes..
T04E Compressor on turbo with GN Turbine Side with .63 ar.,

38mm Tial wastegate vented to the atmosphere,

Wastegate dumppipe,

3" downpipe,

Cast-Steel manifold

K&N 3" FIPK
2) TT Stock intercooler
3) HKS SSBOV
4) Engine monitoring....boost guage, AFC, air/fuel guage, ??
5) 3mm headgasket later on down the road..

the main thing im wondering it what intercooler pipes to use. will i have to get them custom made? these are the parts i can think of at the moment. what else will i need?? thanks!

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
you will most likely need to get custom pipes made. so plan on installing the kit at a shop that does piping. 3inch pipes will probably run your 3-400 by the time your done.

you'll need a short 3" pipe connecting your maf to the turbo inlet(just to get it closer to the headlight again and away from the engine fan).
piping to the intercooler.
piping from the intercooler to the throttle body/intake manifold.
a small pipe connecting the shorty downpipe to your downpipe or stock midpipe.

you will also need oil lines. dont know if i saw that listed. dave may be able to supply them for you.

you can get stock IC's for cheap. i got mine for 50 bucks, but its a little bit beat. missing some fins, but the air will still get though, b/c i straightened them. but for a base kit, who cares...as long as it holds pressure right?

guages are reccommended but kind of optional as long as you stay basic and on stock fuel. once you go past 300whp i suggest you have guages in the car. boost guage, egt maybe, oil pressure possibly.

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, that helped a lot. im doing the install myself, my uncle might be able to hook me up with the custom pipes though....he did all the bends when i made a mini dune buggy a while back. i was justing hoping i could do the whole install in the shortest amount of time, as its my daily driver. i dont want to do part of it then have to wait for more parts. i have a feeling ill have to install it, then get measurements for the piping and get them made. anyway to get the right sizes before installing the turbo/intercooler?? doesn look like it....

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
supraguy95 said:
i plan on getting the apexi AFC and a boost guage/controller. this good? bad? i was also thinking of an air/fuel guage...do you need one if you have the AFC though? does it just allow to check the ratio easier, like at a glance? please explain what else i will need for the conversion, thanks for your help
oh boy.... you have a LOT of research to do

if you dont know what an AFC is, how do you expect to get a turbo kit running on your car?

use the search button; there's TONS of posts out there... hell in my sig there's a link to my turbo buildup which would be prolly identical to what you would need for a total install

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this IS part of my research, the past few days ive read everything i could find about going NA-T. obviously the AFC tells you the ratio...cuz isnt that what it does..changes it? ive seen many setups where people have both that and a guage, i was wondering if they do this so they dont have to go through their AFC to check it, they can just look at the a-pillar or whatever. what i just said could be completely ignorant, which is why im on here, please correct whats wrong

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
safc will NOT tell you your air/fuel ratio when the car is running....a wideband O2 sensor is needed for that. also, do NOT buy one of those a/f gauges, they are basically a light show....serves very little help.

i'm with bean on this one, theres TONS of info about n/a-t kits and whats needed and how to install most of it on your supra on this forum and clublexus (link bean provided). Right there in the n/a-t sticky at the top of this forum are posts by many (myself included) listing exactly what we used in our n/a-t projects. Keep searching and reading a lot, most of the information can be found. :)

If you dont know what an safc does, good luck on the turbo kit install....might be wise to pay someone who can atleast do the harder parts of the install for you.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Don't jump into this without getting ALL of your facts straight. Read, read, and read more. You're 5 speed so you can handle lots more power than auto... I would look into at least a 440cc w/lexus maf setup... because you're going to get your base kit installed and you will crave more power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts