Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im replacing front upper and lower arm bushings, both wheel bearings, struts and springs all the way around. what do u guys recommend to get while im replacing all of this. what will i really need, (bump stops strut boots) etc etc. if anyone can let me know anything i should buy before i tackle this little project i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
"Since you're there" Dunno what your other mods may be, but I'd also take this oppty to replace my stock brake lines with some SS ones...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hay geforce how much were the bumpstops, and im assuming that all 4 struts have bumpstops. does anyone know the style design and shape they are. im not familiar with the supra suspension. So i just wanted to know what litttle things i should get before i get in the middle of my suspension project. Im not asking what i should get as far as mods but more like, boots, bumpstops etc etc..

·
Dissident
1,087 Posts
SupraT91 said:
well im replacing front upper and lower arm bushings, both wheel bearings, struts and springs all the way around. what do u guys recommend to get while im replacing all of this. what will i really need, (bump stops strut boots) etc etc. if anyone can let me know anything i should buy before i tackle this little project i would greatly appreciate it.
If you haven't done your rear speakers, now is the time! Also, I second Satan on the brake lines. Mine were cracked. And my calipers seized. And my pads shot. And my rotors worn. And my drum-in-hat shoes gone...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rear strut tower bar is an idea. You will have to cut the rear panels to install. Pic is attached.

I also installed HK$ upper pillow ball mounts so i have no rubber in the suspension except at the shocks. I can feel the car respond less sluggishly without the rubber piece between the sping and upper mount. I do also feel the bumps more directly too.

I attached pics of my tokicos springs, Illumina 2s, and HK$ upb mounts. The shiny aluminum piece is a spacer i had made to lift the front of the car up 1/2 inch so my suspension would not bottom out and to help keep my tires from scrapping the inside wheel wells. The black round thing in the middle is the bump stop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice work halsupra. But like i mentioned above no more mods for me at the moment. iwill be adding strut bars and sway bars sometime in the months to come. ohh nice pics might i ad :) . i pretty much have tokico hp's. b&g springs, new front wheel bearings L+R. front upper and lower controll arm bushings (super pro Poly's) and thats its for now. Im actually goning to tear everything aparts tonight, im also not sure how my front lower ball joints are but if they are bad im getting new ones as well. But as far as this post goes i was justwanting to know what else i should get, and all that came to mind was new bumpstops, everything else everyone mentioned are very good suggestions and ideas but i dont have enough funds at the moment. Thanks alot fellas for your thoughts and suggestions, keep them coming as i always like other people ideas and input.

HOLLAHOLLAA atchaboy. :bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts