Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 turbo 5 speed, oil pan leaks like crazy so going to pull motor. While its out I'm going to replace the timing belt/water pump/ rear main seal/ oil pan/ cam seals/ crank seal/ going to check the head gasket doesnt appear to be leaking but i don't know. anything else I should change while its out? Its currently parked back home just wanting to get everything good with it to eventually have it as a dd.

thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
IMO; if you want to use it as a daily drive go right thru the motor since you are pulling it and tearing it down any ways ,rings ,bearings valve seals, good MHG, etc. you'll be happier in the long run .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbodhbar said:
IMO; if you want to use it as a daily drive go right thru the motor since you are pulling it and tearing it down any ways ,rings ,bearings valve seals, good MHG, etc. you'll be happier in the long run .
that's the route I wanted to take but can't afford it right now. Just trying to get it so i can drive it at least for awhile. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
just make sure to get all new gaskets, especially the ones that you took apart.

~steven

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
if you plan to replace your oil pan gasket i sujest you get new bolts fomr toyota old ones liek to snap

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
you should do a compression test to see if you need a head gasket/rings/valve seal. remember they must be ...i think...14psi of each other.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just a little advice, be very careful with your wiring harness, the connectors can be really brittle, and break really easy, also harnesses are in short supply if you can find them.
Jet

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
appreciate the replies, I'll get new oil pan bolts as suggested and I'm pulling the head off as well. (It's leaking oil in the back where it meets the block) Starting on it tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
106 Posts
vacuume lines while you can get your arms under the tb and injector seals.

as many hoses as you can get to in the engine bay and just clean the bay now so you will havev a nice clean bay when your done. get as much clean as possible that way diagnosing any little leek or problem will be painfully obvious and easy to find.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
replace the rope you will hang yourself with jk, hope it goes well (unlike mine)
hahhahhaa i hear yah man, it went descent pulled the motor and trans together, this thing leaks EVERYWHERE gonna replace all the vacuum lines, did some this morning before I pulled it out, I wanted it to run perfect before I started rippin it apart. Tomorrow I'll tear the motor down and I guess wait til monday bc the machine shop is probably closed. I'll try and get some pics up as I go, should be pretty fun to put back together HAH

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you don't have a massive torquey impact gun to get that crank pully bolt off for the timing belt, i would reccomend doing it the backyard mechanic way with the wrench and breaker bar on the end and letting the starter break it lose before you yank the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts