Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stage 1 bc street cam in, all stock exghust though. It sounds alright but still a bit disapoiting reason I haven't brought a exghust is because I'm worried it then will be to loud I don't want to much attention, But something just a bit louder and nicer, it's N/A not really that fussed on spending a lot on it as its n/a but wouldn't mind a nicer sound.

Any suggestion? I've thought about the exghust where they have a built in value to shut it off, any idea what they're called or how much I don't see that being cheap tho.

Thanks

·
592 Posts
HKS Superdragger has a nice deep rumble without being obnoxious. Only downside is the cartoonish looking canister.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for you're replies, Seen a vid on the ets ti they sound nice,

looking into the hks now cheers.

·
Banned
451 Posts
+1 for HKS Superdragger. That is what I had on my NA before the swap.

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Wish I still had mine!
I went back to it and paired it with 3.4L cam'd AP motor with 4" DP/MP. The sound it good but not obnoxious at all. Sounds built over a BPU but no rasp or drone. Quiet in the car too!

DP

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damm alot of people seems to like the superdragger, There not to expensive either, With my stage 1 cam and the supperdragger it should have a nice rumble, Mine already has a nice rumble but it's very quiet needs that little bit of a kick :)

·
Banned
451 Posts
The reason why so many uses it is because its a proven product and it works very well.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
GReddy PE :). Same design as the superdrager. Canister looks slightly more beefy IMO.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When's it is quiet/loud? What would you say sitting on lights idling on a 1-10 scale (10 being loud) I wouldn't mind a 4 or so idling and bit higher when driving around normally but when I give it a gutfull I'd hope it would Sound mean.

:))

·
-Question Conjecture-
3,027 Posts
From my experience from hearing my boys straight through system to a supper dragger, idle is a 3/10. I've considered going to that style of muffler just because of how quiet it is at idle and cruising speeds.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
When's it is quiet/loud? What would you say sitting on lights idling on a 1-10 scale (10 being loud) I wouldn't mind a 4 or so idling and bit higher when driving around normally but when I give it a gutfull I'd hope it would Sound mean.

:))

Idle - 4/10

Cruising - 6/10

WOT - 9/10

Best of all...ZERO drone. I can actually have a conversation with my passenger. Hell, I even removed both resonators and that made it even better!

Sometimes I miss how loud my car was...hence why I want an HKS Ti next :p. I will never, ever sell my GReddy PE though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone use the tanbe super medalion? I'm looking for one that is as close to stock apperance as possible... any other suggestion?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From my experience from hearing my boys straight through system to a supper dragger, idle is a 3/10. I've considered going to that style of muffler just because of how quiet it is at idle and cruising speeds.
Are those ratings for the Greddy PE bud? That sounds better then the Supperdragger from what people have said the supperdragger seems a bit quiet i watched a video on youtube n/a supra and it sounded quiet gutless, If you're rating the Greddy PE that sounds not bad at all, Like i said above i have a cam in so it's already got a half decent idle (lumb) but rev's sound gutless

Cruising 6 that sounds good, My car is already a big head turner i don't want anything to loud cruising 6 sounds good though!

Cheers man.

·
-Question Conjecture-
3,027 Posts
Are those ratings for the Greddy PE bud? That sounds better then the Supperdragger from what people have said the supperdragger seems a bit quiet i watched a video on youtube n/a supra and it sounded quiet gutless, If you're rating the Greddy PE that sounds not bad at all, Like i said above i have a cam in so it's already got a half decent idle (lumb) but rev's sound gutless

Cruising 6 that sounds good, My car is already a big head turner i don't want anything to loud cruising 6 sounds good though!

Cheers man.
I said the supper dragger muffler on my buddies Supra. He has the boost logic replica 4" DP/MP mated to a Suprr dragger exhaust with no resonators. It's basically a full 4" system with a Super Dragger muffler that is nice and quiet.

Trust me, the exhaust is loud when you want it to be and quiet when you need it to be. And stop worrying about revs. It's a Supra, people automatically think the car has 1000whp. Let the freight train action do the talking, not the revving.

His car is a single car btw.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Tanabe Touring Medallion coupled with the SP boost activated cut out in the mid pipe. Quiet at all times except at WOT. Super Dragger is also a great exhaust.

Steve K.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts