Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need a new exhaust..don't want a TT exhaust because yoou do lose back pressure..thus losing low end.

Should I just get a muffler and get custom piping?

G

·
I got a Greddy MX and I love the sound. It isn't as loud as the others but it keeps the compression up. Plus who wnats their Supra to sound like a civic with a cherry bomb...heres a picture of the MX complete catback system. I think it spanks the Apexi N1
:spank:

G

·
I put this exhaust on myself and it wasn't hard at all it bolts right on the the end of the catalytic converter and took all of two hours to do bymeself. It is my reccomendation for a NA Supra. Here is another pic I can't really find my good one I took I must have deleted it by accident...This one is a little closer up I think...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i have the mx too but i didn;t like the sound of it so i chopped off the 2 resonators... solved my sound problem = ) mine looks alil tilted at an angle, thats cuz i bent it that way = )

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL
My ex told me my car sounds like it has a cherry bomb on it :( stock exhaust with a few holes in it.. :(

Hmm I guess I'll try to find myself a greddy!

G

·
I have the second cat removed on the stock exhaust and it sounds a little louder but I gained torque and horsepower from it mainly, so I don't know. In the future, I'm going to run just the rear section of the Blitz Nur Spec since my midpipe helps so much.

Ryan

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
if you search around I'm pretty sure the Apex'i N1 churned out the most horsepower for us NA's (~15rwhp) but personally I didn't like the sound of it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I thought the N1 for N/A was discontinued

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
apexi N 1 was never made for the NA ... you should just buck up and take the 3 inch exhaust...for many reasons

some being...
1) a lot cheaper almost 300 dollars cheaper
2) easier to come across
3) once you accumulate more mods the more you wish your piping was a lil biggger

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea well i'm just now turning 20
Moving out on my own..again..
paying on the supra..

Don't think many mods are going to be made anytime soon :( But my exhaust is getting very nasty.. I might have to settle for a used stock one...but I'd rather have aftermarket but..AHH I don't know :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cobey420
I see that NC plate..i'm going to come find you and swap exhausts =oP

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,286 Posts
i could sell you a used HKS super drager exhaust for about 500, if your looking to go that big (95mm pipes) do you want sound, turbo-ability later on, throttle response or top end power?

it is true what they say, you will lose some low end, but my top end is pretty damn strong.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
I just ordered My Veilside Titanium...nothing but the best for me. But then again I am going NA-T by mid next year, so I am willing to sacrifice power below 5K rpm for the sound and light-weightness. Plus, I am getting cam gears and SAFCII, so I will just tune those for low end until the turbo is on.
I cant freakin wait...MVP will have it to me by Friday.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want to keep my low end..
Planning to go NA-T but crap keeps pushing that plan back
I take over my parents other house in 2 years..so after that maybe I can get a load for the turbo..
so...I need something for an n/a motor
heard the N1 is shiotty for n/a

I don't care about sound that much.. I want it to run strong..a car that sounds good wont run better at the track..

1 - 20 of 58 Posts