Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have 99db maximum allowed on our racetracks.
It´s about 120db+ under load with the HKS 4".
I have 4" from turbo back.

Anyone knows what exhaust I could use , that will procuce no more than 99db under WOT at full load at the tracks but doesn´t rob too much hp??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Professional OT Bum
654 Posts
how do they know how loud your car is? thats really shity sorry to hear that, I havnt seen any 4in exhuast with that low of a note..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I had greddy sp. Which seemed to have pretty good power and yet was very quiet. I don't think they make them anymore but surely you can find it used somewhere.

I have greedy power extreme now which is significantly louder. Didnt' really want it but it came with the new supra i baught.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NastyOutTheHole said:
how do they know how loud your car is? thats really shity sorry to hear that, I havnt seen any 4in exhuast with that low of a note..
They have sensors mounted at the track :mad: , no joke.
It´s a law in Austria....not more than 99db at all race tracks (well, we only have one :( )
Roundcourse that is......because 1/4 mile tracks we have none :(

·
Super Moderator
10,807 Posts
GReddy SP and PE if you can find them and the Evo and MX (I believe) in current production. GReddy's exhausts are 50-state legal and have been certified in Cali as meeting the state's 95 decibel law. Don't know of any others with a 90+mm ID that meet this requirement.

Ken.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KenHenderson said:
GReddy SP and PE if you can find them and the Evo and MX (I believe) in current production. GReddy's exhausts are 50-state legal and have been certified in Cali as meeting the state's 95 decibel law. Don't know of any others with a 90+mm ID that meet this requirement.

Ken.
Thanks Ken, I´ll take a closer look at them....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Austrian Supra... if you want to do a 400km journey you can come in italy at bartoli's and have a custom exhaust made by him. Bartoli is the one who makes sports exhaust for ferraris and lambos. He will do the exhaust completely by hand, based on your specs and he can do it as loud as you want. You won't regret, his fame in his job is world wide :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cosmic Chaos said:
Austrian Supra... if you want to do a 400km journey you can come in italy at bartoli's and have a custom exhaust made by him. Bartoli is the one who makes sports exhaust for ferraris and lambos. He will do the exhaust completely by hand, based on your specs and he can do it as loud as you want. You won't regret, his fame in his job is world wide :)
Hi!

I will think about it, although we have some pretty good exhaust builders here, too.........
A custom exhaust indeed seems to be the only chance for me.

BTW, what about the gardalake - meet, is there a date, yet, when it will happen?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
659 Posts
Garda Lake meeting is postponed to late august/early september. because all of the people seemed to be busy in july (there is also a meet in far northern europe at the end of july). As soon as we will decide the date there'll be a post in the Euro section for sure :)

In case you want to try bartoli's, just drop me a line, i'd be glad to help. At least for the language :) (bartoli is an old school mechanic... doesn't speak english :) )

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cosmic Chaos said:
Garda Lake meeting is postponed to late august/early september. because all of the people seemed to be busy in july (there is also a meet in far northern europe at the end of july). As soon as we will decide the date there'll be a post in the Euro section for sure :)

In case you want to try bartoli's, just drop me a line, i'd be glad to help. At least for the language :) (bartoli is an old school mechanic... doesn't speak english :) )
August is good for me :)

And thanks for the offer to translate for me :)
BTW, he would`t need to talk english....german would be ok, too :biggrin:

G

·
I second the Greddy PE. I have it, and on a catless DP as well, I still hear my turbos over my exhaust. 3.5 inch piping, too, so good for single turbo applications.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts