Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of fuel system/kit is everyone using right now? I'm trying to plan for a single and was curious what everyone was buying.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
I'm also curious about how much the billet design fuel system is...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
custom sound performance setup with HF dual fuel pump bracket.

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
i3oca said:
1700 for the fuel system
damn thats a really nice deal, looks like a good system too, anyone else have experience with this setup?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
not many people have had this set up.....it is fairly new. I was one of the first to have it.

Others that have had it are Steve (Darkgrey3k), and Jimmy (94silver). Those are some that I know of.

This fuel system is built very solid. Marco (owner of BilletDesign) has had a lot of experience in high performance applications with cars, and Supras.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i3oca said:
1700 for the fuel system

Very interesting price !!
System looks clean, too!!

If only I would not have heard about the walbros failing and the
stock pumps being better (justin N. , titan...).
Now I worry about the walbros big time.... :(

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Austrian Supra said:
Very interesting price !!
System looks clean, too!!

If only I would not have heard about the walbros failing and the
stock pumps being better (justin N. , titan...).
Now I worry about the walbros big time.... :(

Thanks,
Michael
Look at how many people have been using the walbros with success.....hundreds of people, and because a few have had problems with it doesnt mean that all the rest will. You could contact Marco at BilletDesign (email address is on the website) to see if he would work a deal out with you if you choose not to use the walbros. But just because a few people have had troubles does not mean it will happen to everyone.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
The Billet Design fuel system sounds like an awesome deal, but here's my question : I will be running an SP-63 this spring with hopefully around 600whp on high boost, will the 880 injectors that come with the kit be too large for my application? It would be nice to have them since I might upgrade to a larger turbo in the future. They say 720's are good for 700whp, anyone know what 880's are good for?

·
Registered
577 Posts
i3oca said:
Look at how many people have been using the walbros with success.....hundreds of people, and because a few have had problems with it doesnt mean that all the rest will. You could contact Marco at BilletDesign (email address is on the website) to see if he would work a deal out with you if you choose not to use the walbros. But just because a few people have had troubles does not mean it will happen to everyone.
I do hear you.

But Justin N. said he had NUMEROUS walbros fail and NEVER a stock pump !!!

A failed pump is a dmaged engine (in most cases) and maybe even worse if it happens at the track or such....

I mean it´s not comfortable for me to run walbros after hearing they fail sometimes.

Wouldn´t it be a good idea just to do stock pumps when you hear they never fail???

And I trust in what Justin N. says....he´s done so many supras....he sure knows !!!

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I thought the stock pumps were the ones with a history of failing at consistent high voltage. Is'nt this the reason many guys have reversed their "12 volt mod"? I to am looking for a fuel system, I already have pumps, and 850 cc siemens injectors, so I just need the rest. I emailed Billet to ask if they will sell the kit ala carte, I will check w/Kean as well.
Shaun, you should really use an AFC/ GCC/ E manage with your set-up regardless, this will give you the ability to deal with the excess fueling ability. I would say that you are better off with the larger injectors since they will be more reliable, and cooler at a lower percentage of their total output. Carl Byck

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Supra Shaun said:
The Billet Design fuel system sounds like an awesome deal, but here's my question : I will be running an SP-63 this spring with hopefully around 600whp on high boost, will the 880 injectors that come with the kit be too large for my application? It would be nice to have them since I might upgrade to a larger turbo in the future. They say 720's are good for 700whp, anyone know what 880's are good for?

880s are good for over 850hp....but im pretty sure you can contact them and swap the 880s out for 720s...

i have a sp67....but plan on upgrading in the future possibly.....this was just a turbo to use until i built my engine up to support a larger turbo. thats the reason i went with slightly larger injectors

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
Forgot to mention, I'm already running an s-afc and will be using a VPC or possible MAP ECU.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts