Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i cranked up the boost to 48psi to test my new Turbo! and at WOT afer about 20 seconds and well over 200mph the car bogged and as soon as i let off the gas the car died! at this speed i left it in nuetral and cruised the 8 miles back home with the engine off! got home and hit my remote hood opener and low and behold my BOV seemed kinda "off"! well sure enough the thing couldnt handle SupraNick's boost pressure and BS story! hahahahahahah! SUCKERS! :p

what really happened here was the BOV C-Clip was not installed properly! by whom, i wont say! and was leaking major boost from there for a good 4 months! :rolleyes: so a friend and i went crazy trying to pound the C Clip in with a hammer and flat head! well this is the result! :lol:

but my first story was better then the real one huh?! ;) i tell everyone the first story when they see the BOV chopped up like that chillin on top of my bathroom counter! :D :cool:

W

·
0 Posts
damn dude.. that sucks.... can that be welded> or do you have to get a new bov?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sporting a Greddy Type-S now!

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Should invest in C-clip pliers! Gotta be cheaper than a new BOV! By the way your car looks awesome Nick, I can't beleive what you started with and what you ended up with!

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Rajunz said:
By the way your car looks awesome Nick, I can't beleive what you started with and what you ended up with!
Lance... you crack me up man. I always say the same thing only about you!

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
48PSI @ 200MPH?

Well this one time I decieded to crank up the boost up to 60PSI the next thing I know @ 230MPH my IC pipe poped-out, GEE :lol:

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
lol...i was like 48psi!!!! That must be some turbo...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
funny stuff nick, reminds of the time when i boosted up 60psi and at about 190mph a piston went through the hood... lol, thats fixable man, and the greddy type s is a nice bov, but that noise it makes, ANNOYS the crap out of me... aight peace :chicken:

·
GOT BOOST?
551 Posts
Hey Im interesed in buying that BOV if you want to sell it.

BTW

Nice story... =) LOL

I was like damn that guy makes lots of power... =)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Bah... When I'm at 48psi, I pull 180's on the highway and drive backwards at 180mph.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
80sSupraPowa said:
Bah... When I'm at 48psi, I pull 180's on the highway and drive backwards at 180mph.
muhahahahhahahahahahah, .... hahaha ha ahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.... hahaha.... just like 2F2F right?!?!

........ya i've seen that beast turbo before... nice

1 - 20 of 28 Posts