Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few members here have TRD widebody Supras on which I assume most if not all are replicas. Im wondering what happened to the original kits from back in 1999 or so? When these kits first came out. Do any members here have an original real TRD kit? I might be mistaken but I believe they were going for $10k or therebouts and only ten where brought over from Japan.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
You can still get them. Elmhurst Toyota is your best bet. They are a special order TRD item that is very expensive. Shipping from Japan to CA is nasty. They come in 3 huge crates.

J

·
0 Posts
No one would buy the original one nowaday unless you are true fans of TRD and super rich

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Dont waste your $10k on body kit. Buy something good.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
they faded out due to..TOO MUCH FRIGGIN$$
-jt

·
Registered
226 Posts
This thread from the MVP section talks about the MVP kit and compares it to the original kit. It has pictures of cars with the original TRD kit and MVP replica kit installed. Might be of some use to you to compare fit and quality. As mentioned above, Curt could help you if you still want the original kit.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
just don't spen that much money on the real one...
-jt

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
authentic kit here, bought the car with it already installed though. I would say go for that replica mvp carries as there is no "authentic" trd badging anyway... at least thats visible...

·
Registered
226 Posts
SUPRASTITIOUS said:
This thread from the MVP section talks about the MVP kit and compares it to the original kit. It has pictures of cars with the original TRD kit and MVP replica kit installed.
Click on the link in my post above and it will take you to the thread with pictures of the original and replica kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts