Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What fuse would I have blown if the all the electronics in your car just dies except for the speedo, I checked all the fuses and they seem fine but now the car doesn't start and the only place that has power is the door light and air bag help anybody?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Check the 100 AMP fuse in the engine bay. ( ALT)

Also, when you turn the key to full on - does everything work?
Also test it in ACC position and see if your radio and stuff works...if not, its that fuse.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
The main fuse... i can never think of what the real name for it is when im trying to explain it to someone... Fusible link!!! Thats it, its screwed in from the bottom of the fusebox.

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey this is urgent help please, my car wont start at all, I checked all the fuses and their all intact, but theres no power to my window, seats, dash except for door and airbag light, other than that nothing else is powered, and the car doesn't crank at all, any idea? everything is plugged in too
I was just driving, (automatic) when I was going down hill, I switched to neutural and then all the electronics in my car died except for my motor and speedo, after I turn it off, that's it, it doesnt start anymore. Help guys, I have finals tomorrow so I need it running asap!

update, sorry that was posted up on my phone so I couldn't explain it properly and I checked the battery grounding too, that's fine

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
EvoLuTioN said:
hey this is urgent help please, my car wont start at all, I checked all the fuses and their all intact, but theres no power to my window, seats, dash except for door and airbag light, other than that nothing else is powered, and the car doesn't crank at all, any idea? everything is plugged in too
I was just driving, (automatic) when I was going down hill, I switched to neutural and then all the electronics in my car died except for my motor and speedo, after I turn it off, that's it, it doesnt start anymore. Help guys, I have finals tomorrow so I need it running asap!

update, sorry that was posted up on my phone so I couldn't explain it properly and I checked the battery grounding too, that's fine
Jacky,
read post 3 and 4 and check it good !!!! Its not one of those fuses you can pull out..that thing is bolted down.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
Jacky,
read post 3 and 4 and check it good !!!! Its not one of those fuses you can pull out..that thing is bolted down.
Yah, i think new they are like $3... and it takes about 3 minutes to change it out...

G

·
Is this link below the fuse box under the hood? I'll have to check it...maybe that's what is happening with my car....I hope so, anyway....

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i took out the fuse box, I dont see any more fuses under there :/ year difference maybe? 89+ here

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
No the fuse is in the fuse box... but its bolted down from underneath the fuse box... look at the diagram for fuses.

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mo/selz202, just called john, he said if headlights turn on then that fuse is fine, joe said the Check Engine Light doesnt turn on, possible shot ECU?

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
If the fusible link went then I don't think he would even have the door light and the airbag light. It sounds like a bad battery connection.

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'll check the battery connection since they were talking about corroded lines, other than that, I can't think of anything else

1 - 15 of 15 Posts