Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens if your car has a bigger turbo, injectors, and fuel pump but running on stock turbo ECU? :scratch: Is that running rich or lean?

Can that lead to long term damages?

Sorry for the newb questions

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
can either be rich or lean, untuned is a state of unkown, a void of knowledge, a black hole of horsepower....errr i gotta stop drinking. dont modify without a dyno tune at least, i have a wideband and a EGT gauge and im still paraniod.

~scott

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would the EGT gauge help identify any issues?

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
eh get a wideband, egt helps but is slow cause by the time that shows anything wrong you've screwed someting up

<l><l>

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
the temp of the exhaust goes up when the car runs lean and goes down when rich. Like said above, a wideband would be the best choice.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
tune it to be safe :)

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adversary said:
the temp of the exhaust goes up when the car runs lean and goes down when rich. Like said above, a wideband would be the best choice.
So what is normal EGT? So a wideband AF is good enough? What kind do you guys recommend?

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
I recommend a Zeitronix ZT2 wideband with optional EGT. I don't have the EGT installed yet but I tuned my car with this wideband and a SAFC2 and it was alot easier than I thought.

Dennis

·
Registered
861 Posts
adversary said:
There's your answer...oh yeah, then tune it!

I really made this post to say you sir, have some shaweet seats!

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
at least run a wideband and know how to tune a little.
An SAFC and wideband is more then enuff, or MAFT and wideband. whatever you decide to use.
EGT is OK to use in some cases, but honeslty, i rarely look at my EGT cuz I watch my wideband all the time.

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow thanks for all the reply guys, but slow down a little. Im a newb remember. wideband A/F??? Is there a thread or something that can help me learn more about this. I bought the car right after the engine rebuild. I have a Greddy TD06H-20G with 550 injectors, walbro fuel pump, but no electronics. The car has only 500 local miles since the rebuild. I was looking for a VPC but they are very hard to find. Would SAFC 2 be a better choice.
Please help me out here guys.

Thanks

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Dennis, but what is the lambda for???

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Good question. I don't know the answer to that. I don't believe its important in tuning. Maybe somebody else can answer.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
lambda is just another way of measuring a/f...1 lambda is stoich, go rich and the lambda will start to read lower, go lean it will read above 1...it measures the same thing, just a different numerical value...like inches metric and standard...go to www.tuneyourengine.com and watch the lm training videos, explains all of it

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
yeah....im shooting for mid 13 a/f till 3000 then to about 12.3 at full spool till redline

1 - 18 of 18 Posts