Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

· The Black MacGuyver
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... What have we all given up just for the love of our supras?

......time, money,
cancelled trips, nights out,
blood (donating and knucle busting lol.

lets see where it goes.

ive sold my favorite motorcycles, a ducati, and busa, and also my 98 m3, to get the money for motor, and a few mods.

nights i could have been out on the town are too many to list, as i hunkered over the belly of the supra, busting knuckles, and thinking the same thought over and over...how little are hands and arms of the japanese that they can reach these bolts!

i can honestly say months worth of my time were given up. even some 24 hour no sleep days, trying to solve problems, do research, then implementing a plan.

ive even sold off some of my own personal gun and rifle collection, like my old lee enfield mk3, arrrrrrrggggh.... i fuckin loved that rifle.......

But im sure you guys have all types of interesting and hard to bear things you have given up just to own, or mod your supra, im interested in hearing what they are.

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts
... What have we all given up just for the love of our supras?

......time, money,
cancelled trips, nights out,
blood (donating and knucle busting lol.

lets see where it goes.

ive sold my favorite motorcycles, a ducati, and busa, and also my 98 m3, to get the money for motor, and a few mods.

nights i could have been out on the town are too many to list, as i hunkered over the belly of the supra, busting knuckles, and thinking the same thought over and over...how little are hands and arms of the japanese that they can reach these bolts!

i can honestly say months worth of my time were given up. even some 24 hour no sleep days, trying to solve problems, do research, then implementing a plan.

ive even sold off some of my own personal gun and rifle collection, like my old lee enfield mk3, arrrrrrrggggh.... i fuckin loved that rifle.......

But im sure you guys have all types of interesting and hard to bear things you have given up just to own, or mod your supra, im interested in hearing what they are.
Do you have a MKIII :wtf:

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
I miss my supra sooooo much I would do just about anything to get another one. I'm currently cutting my spending by taking my lunch or not eating along with not eating out and saving money where possible so I can send in extra on my lexus to get it paid off ( should only be about 5 more months at my current rate) I'm also in the process of selling my house so I can move to an apartment to have extra cash once I buy another one. I just feel like something is missing without a supra in the garage

· Registered
11,703 Posts
I miss my supra sooooo much I would do just about anything to get another one. I'm currently cutting my spending by taking my lunch or not eating along with not eating out and saving money where possible so I can send in extra on my lexus to get it paid off ( should only be about 5 more months at my current rate) I'm also in the process of selling my house so I can move to an apartment to have extra cash once I buy another one. I just feel like something is missing without a supra in the garage
Selling a house and renting an apartment is probably the worst financial moves you can make.....especially for a car. Just keep saving to pay off the Lexus, then save up to buy the Supra.

Jason

· Registered
1,333 Posts
Bad move on the apartment thing...either buy a smaller house or get a inexpensive condo, something that will hold or increase in value. Apartments are nothing but money blackholes, worse than supras...atleast you can sell a supra.

I've been single for two years...lol. I can't afford dates because I'm always buying parts for my car. :) lol. The Supra has actually motivated me to get a better job and help me save more long term. So I guess its 50/50 for me there are sacrifices and benefits that have come out of this car.

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
Bad move on the apartment thing...either buy a smaller house or get a inexpensive condo, something that will hold or increase in value. Apartments are nothing but money blackholes, worse than supras...atleast you can sell a supra.

I've been single for two years...lol. I can't afford dates because I'm always buying parts for my car. :) lol. The Supra has actually motivated me to get a better job and help me save more long term. So I guess its 50/50 for me there are sacrifices and benefits that have come out of this car.
I'm done with real estate my house has lost value since the market went to shit. I'm dumping the $1,500 mortgage and going with $900 rent sounds alot better to me. Plus I'll have tons of cash left over for going out. I'm tired of being strapped for cash and supraless this recission has hit me pretty hard over the last 3 years or so.

· Supraless
513 Posts
Lost my ex girlfriend over it. Was saving up to buy a TT so we wouldn't go out much. She got tired of staying home so she went out w/o me, even after we had a long talk about it being disrespectful to the relationship if either one of us went to the club by ourselves. I called her up that night and she swore to me that she was at home but I caught her red-handed. Ended it right there and then. Once they start lying, everything goes down from there. Bad thing is that I didn't end up getting the Supra after all. Oh well. At least I got a reality check.

· Banned
191 Posts
I know it isn't Supra related but I have to say I sold my 1969 Camaro that I built through highschool and college to buy a house...I was told it was such a great investment! Now 7 years later and I am still stuck with the damn place, I live in a different state and if i tried to sell I would be lucky to get 60-70% of what I paid back in 2002!

· Built 2 enjoy NOT garage
891 Posts
1. Money
2. Drag Racing (Only from a roll ;).)
3. My Liter Bike
4. My other project car was almost complete then I saw the Supra for sale and I just couldn't pass it up.

· Registered
4,623 Posts
The Supra is my toy, so it is the lowest priority in terms of money and time...

That said my list looks like this:

Money
Money
Money
Money
Time
Blood
moments of pure joy and excitment followed by months and months of dissapointment and frustration...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.